PDA

View Full Version : small hard white bump on face that lasts for months

bestmom3460
09-26-2009, 01:58 PM
I have had 3 bumps so far, one at a time, on my face. They are small and hard and seem to last for months. The one I have right now is under my eye near the top of my nose.

Belly Kelly
09-27-2009, 04:32 AM
Sounds like a whitehead developing. Have you tried to put a warm compress on it to see if it will rise to the surface?

EllieFrog
09-29-2009, 02:41 PM
If they are very small bumps, like the size of a grain of sand and hard than they are hardened calcium deposits underneath the skin. I don't know exactly what causes them but I know that I've seen them in the same area on my face a few times. It usually happens when I use a particular illuminator/brozer, so I try to avoid using it around the eye area since that is the only place on my face where these bumps actually occur.

The only way I found that gets rid of them is to actually puncture the skin iand squeeze it out. I know this isn't the best and the healthiest way to treat skin, but there really is no other way other than to create an opening and extract the little particle. You have to make sure to keep it clean to avoid infection.

If you're really worried and/or it bothers you than go see a dermatologist. He/she might be able to give you a better solution.

GravesGirl73
09-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Yeah, it does sound like milia, those little hard white bumps that usually form around the eye. It's funny, i was diagnosed with Graves disease 3 years ago(thyroid condition) and used to get these, also had acne most of my life, as I got regulated on meds my face finally cleared up and acne went away! I had zits I swear till i was 50! The only good thing was that my dermo doc said it helped to keep me looking young,the oil in my skin!

bestmom3460
10-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah, it does sound like milia, those little hard white bumps that usually form around the eye. It's funny, i was diagnosed with Graves disease 3 years ago(thyroid condition) and used to get these, also had acne most of my life, as I got regulated on meds my face finally cleared up and acne went away! I had zits I swear till i was 50! The only good thing was that my dermo doc said it helped to keep me looking young,the oil in my skin!

Hay....I have graves disease, too. Could the thyroid condition have any thing to do with the bumps since we both have the same condition and bumps?