PDA

View Full Version : Cold Water to wash your face??? Keeps it young looking??

dskyxoxo
10-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Hello. I was curious. I once heard that by washing your face in cold water it will keep it looking young. Is that anyway true? Has anyone ever heard such a thing?? Please help with any advice as I'm freezing my butt off every time I wash...Thanks

chocolate29
10-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Washing your face with cold water freezes your butt. Hmmm, never heard of that one.

Lol, had to say it, sorry. :)

To answer your question, I've never heard of that one before. I've always used lukewarm water. Personally, I don't think it makes a difference. The way I see things is, it matters what you put on the inside, like your diet and stuff.
Eat blueberries and fruits that are very full of antioxidants.

tUrRrRa
10-05-2009, 02:30 PM
I have to agree that I never notice a huge difference with water temperature. I find that using warm water helps wash off my makeup easier than cool water. Sometimes I do like to do a cold rinse afterwards, and same with my hair. Although some people say it's a myth, I find that a splash of cool water helps shrink my pores a little bit temporarily, which is a plus. It's also good for sleepy days when you really need to wake up! I just would avoid using very hot water, which can dry out your skin, thus making your skin look aged if it gets too dry.

EllieFrog
10-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Absolutely not. You should not wash your face with cold (or hot) water. Either of the extremes is not healthy for your skin and will cause more problems if you continue doing it regularly.
Cold water does help to close (not shrink) pores, but you should not feel the need to freeze your butt off every time you wash your face just to close your pores. Always use lukewarm water which is most gentle on skin.

dskyxoxo
10-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Thank you all soooo much! I've been washing my face with luke warm water recently. I'll update if I notice a difference. As we age, we're always in search for the fountain of youth. Forums like this is very informative :)

karen275
10-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Just a quick add-on.... Use a non-soap cleansing bar (like Aveeno)That will not strip away your natural acid mantel,and prettier skin is the result. Also, apple cider vinegar as a final splash is great .

sawbuck44
10-22-2009, 06:24 AM
Just an observation about the movie "Mommie Dearest." The beginning of the movie starts with Joan washing her face with hot water, then grabbing handful of ice and puts it on her face. She pours something into the ice. It's clear and not sure what it is. Could be vodka?! Anyone know?

I've heard that finishing your hair wash with cold water makes your hair shinier.

My son's derm always told them lukewarm water.

Distinguished
10-31-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure about aging, but I thought it was because hot water opens up pores while cold water closes them? Perhaps.

sawbuck44
12-04-2009, 04:36 AM
Actually my son's derm always said to wash in luke warm water and use Cetaphil soap.