PDA

View Full Version : Hair Spray???

sunshine12
01-03-2010, 05:14 AM
I asked this on the hair board but thought it would be better here. I don't know what has happened to all the good hair sprays over the last few years??
I have thin hair and live in Fl where the humidity is great.
They have taklen all the ones I used to use to either hold my hair stiff or hold the curl in softly..off the market.
I found one but it really damages my hair and I can't help but pull half of it out when I brush through it at night. My old hairspray wasn't that harsh even though my hair was stiff. I wear my hair up due to the heat so I need something to hold but not damage.
Does anyone have any good hair sprays they love now? thanks:wave:

sunshine12
01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
None of you beauty queens use hair spray?????:dizzy:
a little help please...

shiine
01-06-2010, 06:30 AM
i dont know if you can get it where you are, but tressamé (however it's spelt) freeze hold hairspray is fantastic, it's the best hairspray i've found and it smells good too!! fantastic :)

xxx

sunshine12
01-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Thank you I will look for it.

Linda_in_NJ
01-07-2010, 05:04 PM
I have a short spiky up hairdo and I use Aussie stiff spray and it holds it just great. Just brush it out at night.

tUrRrRa
01-13-2010, 02:13 PM
I use Herbal Essences Body Envy (in the orange can) hair spray for when I want flexible hold! It smells great and my hair doesn't get scrunchy from it, and no white flakes like some hairsprays if you brush through it. It's great for keeping my flat ironed hair looking good through the humidity and keeps the volume at the roots (my hair is pretty thick and is long, so it can get weighed down easily). It's my favorite! It's also cheap!

sunshine12
01-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Thank you, this has been very helpful!!

21_cnp
02-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I use Aveda Pure Abundance Volumizing hair spray. I smells really good and keeps my hair frizz free.

denise2648
02-14-2010, 08:11 PM
I have straight, thin hair so when I need it to hold a style, I use got2be volume hairspray (in the red can). Aussie is ok too but I found that it dries out my hair. If you can find Vavoom! hairspray that is one of the best as well :)

BeaTrade
02-28-2010, 05:05 AM
The problem is that all the hairsprays have been reformulated due to some EPA guidelines or some sort of reason. So all that used to be really good aren't good anymore. I really like Vavoom but I haven't tried it since all the hairsprays were reformulated. Sally's sells a Volumax hairspray that's pretty good. That Tresseme one mentioned above is pretty decent. They sell one at Walmart in a big white can that says "professional" across the can..they have two versions...the one that's comparable to Vavoom is the best one. That is my favorite...I always go back to it.

ibake&pray
03-11-2010, 09:54 AM
I use Paul Mitchell Spray. Not the freeze n' shine. It brushes out at night but really gives a good hold.

chongo
03-12-2010, 05:57 AM
You need one that has a load of vitamins in.. These vitamins will coat the hair and prevent damage. Also Protein is essential for repairing and protecting the hair, some products have this in... The best ones are the Toni and Guy range or the Fructis Bamboo ones...
Hope this helps :)

maddelyn
03-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Kenra Volume Spray 25 is the best I've ever tried! I too have fine hair and nothing has ever worked for me like this does. It has won the Stylist Choice award for best hair spray for years......it's about $10 but it lasts a long, long time. No need to keep re-applying, leaves hair soft and flexible with lots of volume and is great for humidity.

Mark486
04-29-2010, 04:15 AM
Hi Guys,

I have not use any time but try with little warm coconut oil,Which makes the root of hair stronger.

Thanks
Mark.