PDA

View Full Version : HYPERCARE (prescription antiperspirant)

snogal
03-15-2010, 09:58 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I thought I'd try.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
This medicine is an antiperspirant used to treat excess perspiration problems. I've been suffering with excess perspiration problems for YEARS! I asked my derm about it today and I was given a r/x for this.

Any thoughts, experiences would be a big help!

Thanks

PinkR0ck
03-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I have the same issue, excess perspiration. It started during HS Senior year for me :( so it was horrible. I haven't tried Hypercare, but I do know one prescription-power antiperspirant that you can buy on the shelf that is amazing! It's called Certain Dri. I usually find it at Walmart. You just put it on at night, and make sure it doesnt rub off on your shirt (I usually just put my hand behind my head and sleep, thus leaving my armpits exposed to air) and you will literally feel your pores closing. It usually last for 72 hours for me, and I would not see a single drop of wetness on my shirt.

snogal
03-22-2010, 06:21 AM
I tried Certain Dry a few months ago...didn't help at all. I've tried every over the counter product there is.
I've had the Hypercare for a week now. I used it for 3 nights straight. First night, there was some mild tingling (common side effect), second night there was burning (again, common), the third night the burning was so bad I had to get up in the middle of the night and hold cold washcloths on my armpits. The skin was very red and irritated - it hurt to touch.
I didn't use it for 3 nights straight and the irritation went away. I was just using a normal over the counter Dove.
Used the Hypercare last night and had some very mild tingling - not bad at all. I must say, since the second night, I've had no wet armpits, so it does work. The directions say to initially use it for 2-3 nights until it starts to work, and then cut back to 2-3 uses per week. That's where I am now. My insurance covers it, so it's only $8.