PDA

View Full Version : Lomotil...on back order still!!

engineer1961
04-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Lomotil (which is my personal IBS(D)) lifesaver is on back order in Ontario , has been for over 6 weeks now and I've gone from having very well controlled IBS back to being housebound way more then I want to be. I now have an ulcer and acid reflux becasue of this ....my pharmacist suggested I take tylenol with codene in(non perscription) and volia 3 weeks later (a very stressfull 3 weeks at that ) my stomach is still giving me MAJOR problems and I just don't know what to do.........So am I the only one freaking over this and what are the rest of the lomitil users doing without it?? BTW the Tylenol is NOT working much I'm still running tothe washroom continulesly. So suggestions are welcome!!!!

engineer1961
05-12-2010, 11:33 AM
No one else uses Lomotil?? Or is it just here in Ontario that it isn't avilable ????? Please let me know if it's avilable eleswhere and I'll go there and get it!! I've tried every p[harmacy in my area of Soyuthern Ontario and still it's all on back order........Imodim isn't cutting it:(

shewolf75
05-29-2010, 04:52 AM
Is lomatil and OTC drug up there? I was prescribed it over a year ago,and it's extremely helpful. It is also in generic form here, so that it is reasonably priced. I will go for weeks without any symptoms and then when I'm stressed or eat acidic foods, back come the symptoms, and I take one tablet and it really helps. (My scrip says between 1-2 every six to eight hours. PS My dog got bad diarrhea and the vet told me I could give her a tablet, and it WORKED great. I swear by it.

shewolf75
05-29-2010, 04:53 AM
:angel:Is lomatil and OTC drug up there? I was prescribed it over a year ago,and it's extremely helpful. It is also in generic form here, so that it is reasonably priced. I will go for weeks without any symptoms and then when I'm stressed or eat acidic foods, back come the symptoms, and I take one tablet and it really helps. (My scrip says between 1-2 every six to eight hours. PS My dog got bad diarrhea and the vet told me I could give her a tablet, and it WORKED great. I swear by it.