PDA

View Full Version : What are the latest and greatest anti aging creams?

wends
05-14-2010, 06:23 PM
I couldn't find any recent posts about this topic, so I'm throwing it out there. I need help! I'm 54 and there are so many anti aging creams out there. How do you know which ones work without spending so much money? Anybody out there who's found ones that work? I'm talking wrinkles and sagging skin among other things...:confused:

cassie2
05-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Im almost 52, and i like the garnier ( firming ) night cream, reasonably priced as well.I buy anything that says "firming"as am sure my face is sagging abit more each day!!!

Gram4
06-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Do you think this will help sagging jowels & neck? Thanks

novant04
06-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Consumer Reports did a post on this.
Oil of Olay Regeneris products, Avon Anew and also Dermasilk was in the top category.

What I recommend is a topical retinoid (like generic retina A which is tretinoin) or tazarac or differin. This increases cell turnover and helps with the fine lines and wrinkles. Sunscreen is also so important to help minimize photodamage.

Also, don't smoke and take antioxidants. Certainly the best way to obtain your Vit C is from food, however there are topical Vit C serum's which are also good for the skin.

With all that said, no topical product will help with sagging jowls etc. That will either be a laser procedure or surgery, but the above products can help with the texture and tone of the skin.

Finally, fish oil can help improve skin elasticity by 10%.

Hope that helps.

Gram4
06-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks, I also found DMAE which tightens the skin. I got the liquid in a small bottle & mixed it in w/a good cream I have, does a pretty good job.

memawof3
07-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Consumer Reports did a post on this.
Oil of Olay Regeneris products, Avon Anew and also Dermasilk was in the top category.

What I recommend is a topical retinoid (like generic retina A which is tretinoin) or tazarac or differin. This increases cell turnover and helps with the fine lines and wrinkles. Sunscreen is also so important to help minimize photodamage.

Also, don't smoke and take antioxidants. Certainly the best way to obtain your Vit C is from food, however there are topical Vit C serum's which are also good for the skin.

With all that said, no topical product will help with sagging jowls etc. That will either be a laser procedure or surgery, but the above products can help with the texture and tone of the skin.

Finally, fish oil can help improve skin elasticity by 10%.

Hope that helps.

i have to agree with you!!!
olay is my best skin care line!
ive tried about everythig out there, and this is reasonable and works for me!
i do a weekly scrub, use st ives from walmart, for sensitive skin, i also use once or twice a week, clinques 7 day scrub for my face, i also use bio-oil on my neck and chest area..
neutrigenas moistuer sun screen under my makeup for day!
i also use a some epsom salt mixed with olive oil for a hand scrub, works great!!
use vasiline on my feet at night, put on ankle socks after, and soft feet come morning!!!
winter time i were white gloves to bed after i put vasaline on my hands!
ok, so thats this ladies beauty routin!!!
iam 60, all this is inexpensive and works, no need to rob the bank to look good..
just thought id share!:wave:
bren

Bran'sNana
07-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey Bren, I'm curious, what's the bio oil do for your neck and chest? I have some age spots and on the chest area. I have been using trentenoin cream on it and the skin has gotten a lot smoother looking but still has some lines on it.

memawof3
07-28-2010, 06:57 PM
i get it at walgreens, helps with scars, supposed tp help with age spots,crappyness.and adds moisture to the skin, it does soak in very well, and ive just been useing it for a few weeks...i just wanted to try something to help with the wrinkles on my neck and chest area, so i will see how it goes...so far so good!
bren

Bran'sNana
07-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Let me know if it makes a difference in a couple of weeks or so with those issues, okay? I was looking to buy that too.;)

memawof3
07-29-2010, 02:53 PM
i sure will let you know more in a couple weeks!!
bren

luvmakeup1000
08-06-2010, 12:57 AM
I use olay definity and I love it, after about 4 weeks I could tell my face looked brighter and less lines under my eyes.

SirS
08-09-2010, 01:07 PM
My wife using Nu Skin creams, ageLock line is super, works after first use.

memawof3
08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Let me know if it makes a difference in a couple of weeks or so with those issues, okay? I was looking to buy that too.;)

ok, its been a couple weeks now, not much change, but i does keep my skin moist at night..
just letting you know.bio oil is good, but no miracal!
bren

Bran'sNana
08-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks Bren!!

memawof3
08-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks Bren!!

wanted to add, ive used all kinds of moisturizers out there, i always come back to my oil of olay regenerist!
bren

Bran'sNana
08-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Yes I have used that too but I like the Avon Reversalist and Ultimate line too.

mercifulmn
08-11-2010, 11:53 PM
I use all organic products. Ladies, you would be surprised what is in our makeup that isn't good for us.

sunshine12
08-16-2010, 04:53 AM
You know, I always loved Oil of Olay BUT now they have so many products out there I can't find what I used for years. I get annoyed standing there having to read every darn bottle that looks like what I like but isn't.
It is almost as bad as trying to buy food anymore!!!

I see that Youthology I think that is the name on TV, has anyone tried that..It appears to do wonders but we all know how TV is. Just curious about that product. Thanks:jester:

Gram4
09-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Have you seen any difference?

Bran'sNana
09-13-2010, 03:40 PM
yeah I think so...my skin is smoother, more even, fine lines have faded,(some spots have faded too) and I'm getting a lot of compliments about looking young, that's enough for me!:)

kimar
01-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Hello,
My mother loves The Principal Secret, by Victoria Principal. She always gets compliments on her look and her skin. When she treats herself to a facial, which is not too often, she is always told that her skin is beautiful, pretty cool.
She is gonna be 50 in April and she is always told that she looks 35. I'm very proud of her.
She highly recommends this company.:)

Imarealpill
01-25-2011, 01:21 PM
I like Estee Lauder, but their stuff is expensive so I use Olay creams. Seems to be almost as good as Lauder stuffs and way cheaper.

I tried a Clinique product for a dark spot on my cheek but it doesn't seem to be working, at all and I am using it exactly like the directions say. *sigh*

nscrbug
02-14-2011, 05:25 PM
I've been very happy with the LaCura Q10 Day Cream from...hold your breath ladies...ALDI! Yes, I said Aldi. I tried it on a whim (it has gotten some good accolades) while shopping there recently, and I have to say...I'm impressed. And the best part is...it's only $3.99 a jar! :eek:

Bran'sNana
02-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Oh wow! That's good to know, my daughter goes there all the time. I'll tell her to pick me up a jar!;)

MarieLaveau
02-16-2011, 06:34 AM
I actually have had wonderful results with Natural Advantage, the product Jayne
seymour promotes. I know it sounds gimicky, but I have spent most my life in the fashion industry & have had access to some of the most expensive & hoity-toity products. Whilst some are very good, I keep going back to Natural Advantage. I also like the Dermapril, I think it's an awesome product. I saw where someone noted not smoking, I think that is incredibly important as well as watching your alcohol in take. I know facials are expensive, but if there's a local school that offers classes you will probably find they are also open to the public for service hours that the students need to graduate. This is a terrific way to get great services at a fraction of the going rate. I visit my local school every week for a facial. Not only has this been amazing for my skin, but it's such a great end of week treat for my whole self! For $20.00 I receive luxurious parafin facials that put incredible moisture in my skin as well as tone. Fabulous!!

seavegetables
02-22-2011, 05:31 PM
I know you are looking for specific products. I don't have anything to add about that. I do want to add staying hydrated with clean water, getting at least 8 hours of sleep and working on ways to reduce stress also can help a lot along with not smoking and staying away from second hand smoke.

fatoom90
03-02-2011, 06:58 AM
I know you are looking for specific products. I don't have anything to add about that. I do want to add staying hydrated with clean water, getting at least 8 hours of sleep and working on ways to reduce stress also can help a lot along with not smoking and staying away from second hand smoke.

I totally agree with you & not forgetting to exercise (aerobics help supply more oxygen which keeps body tissue alive & well functioning).
Actually I use superescue antioxidant night cream from clinique which made a big difference in my face where i used to have fine dry lines or sagging at the sides of my cheeks but they are fading gradually. I use a light day moisturizer in the days i feel dryness.

good luck with your skin

Tryst
03-07-2011, 04:33 PM
I have been reading Dr. Perricone's books since his first many years ago. And though he first promoted DMAE and has many expensive products, he says people do not need them! He says choosing an anti inflammatory diet is the best way to lift the face and improve skin. Its worth trying for a couple of weeks, I saw a difference!

I have also found NeoCell collagen and hyaluronic acid supplements diminish fine lines and produce a look of health. I first heard about these on Oprah's show a couple of years ago and have been taking them ever since.

starbukschick
06-10-2011, 04:56 PM
I am a make-up/skincare junkie. I don't even want to guess how much money I've wasted on stuff that doesn't work :(

One thing everyone should use is some form of retinol. My skin is sensitive to retinol so I am using Retinol ResQ by Alpha Hydrox. It is a drugstore brand that costs around $15.00. I always use a moisturizer with antioxidants over it - either Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer or Total Effects 7-In-1 Anti-Aging Moisturizer, Mature Skin Therapy.
Oh, and the BEST thing you can do for your skin is to use a sunscreen every day!

< edited >