PDA

View Full Version : nervous twitching under eye

Twitchy
03-09-2001, 03:09 PM
Hello all. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I have a small twitching under my eye (not actually the lid, but just below-left side only) and it's driving me to madness! It's noticeable to others and has been going on for a few months now. Some days, I get relief (or I just don't notice it maybe) from it but otherwise it's a constant thing. From what I have read on the net, it should subside on it's own, but it hasn't. Is there a recommended supplement I could take or home remedy? I'm ready to try anything at this point! I've heard botox injections can help, but I'm not too crazy about the idea. I even heard that sticking a blade of grass on the site will stop it (haven't tried it yet...no grass to use!) :) I haven't changed my sleeping or eating habits recently, and definitely don't feel stressed about anything (except for this spasm!). If anyone can provide some suggestions, I'd be grateful!

Alex

stevieg
03-27-2001, 02:01 AM
Hi.
My husband has the same problem, and it is caused by a deficiency in Magnesium. Usually it is caused by stress or lack of sleep, but can also just be a slight lack of that particular vitamin/supplement.
If you can get some magnesium tablets and start taking them, within a few days the twitching should stop.
Best of luck.

thneedle
07-02-2001, 08:26 AM
Yeah, I've heard magnesium works well for this too, but be careful not to take too much if you take supplements. You can get sick (lethargy, slow pulse, hypotension) from taking too much. Check the RDA levels!

Cambrensis
07-27-2001, 04:04 AM
Do you drink lots of caffeine? I get an eye-twitch when I've had too much coffee. Try cutting down and see if that helps.

C.