PDA

View Full Version : Mother smells like vinegar, eats too much

DC20
08-21-2010, 02:34 PM
My mother is almost 90 and smells like vinegar. The smell is almost objectionable and quite noticeably when we eat a meal. She wants to eat frequently, but sleeps maybe 12 hours a day. What might be causing this smell?

Thank you

JohnR41
08-30-2010, 11:31 AM
DC20,

It could be a lot of things. Does she practice good hygiene?

If she smells like vinegar, what kind does she smell like? Balsamic or apple cider? That migh give a clue.

What are her favorite foods that she eats regularly? Does she like to use things like garlic powder or onion powder? Does she use a lot of vinegar on her food?

Does she often go to sleep before she has a chance to fully digest her food?
Certain poor food combinations can begin formenting in your body. I would guess that one problem is that she needs to concentrate on better pH balance.

A good book that I'm reading now is: "The pH Miracle" (Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health) To be truly healthy, your body needs to be slightly alkaline rather than acid. I hope it will be of some help.

:wave:

sunshine12
09-01-2010, 06:40 AM
I know of some older people who use vinegar as a deodorant under their arms..could she be doing that?
John
Curious as to what would be a clue which vinegar used red cider or Balsamic???

JohnR41
09-02-2010, 03:23 PM
John
Curious as to what would be a clue which vinegar used red cider or Balsamic???

I could be wrong but I think Balsamic has a much stronger smell than ordinary white or apple-cider vinegar. A strong body odor could come from something strong that she's eating, like raw onion or garlic (or a combination of such strong food items). Perhaps too much Balsamic vinegar. Some people have said that they purposely consume a lot to vinegar to help keep their blood sugar from spiking. But there are problems with that because vinegar has the potential to upset a person's pH balance.

sunshine12
09-04-2010, 04:20 AM
John, Thanks..I was curious!!!

I Jones
09-04-2010, 04:48 AM
I think perspiration can go sour and smell vinegary when it is stale. Maybe when eating she is moving her arms about more and it's wafting. Has she reached the age where she needs extra help to have a bath or shower, or wash herself effectively, and has been too embarrassed to say so?