PDA

View Full Version : Teeth Whitening

bearcubs
09-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Hello,

Could you please tell me what teeth whitener you have used and your thoughts about this product???

curly fry
09-22-2010, 02:08 PM
I tried the Zoom Whitening (3, I think) which is a professional whitening done at a dental office with the ultraviolet light.

My experience is just my experience and I don't want to discourage. But I had an awful painful experience! #1, my teeth aren't even that discolored. But my mom works at a dental office and has done whitening and she offered to do maybe a 20 minute session instead of the full hour. I've worked on the business side of the dental field and let me start with this: These products won't give you movie star white teeth. What movie stars have is called Veneers. Also, whitenings can make teeth up to 10 shades brighter. Keywords being up to and brighter. It is not guarenteed that you will get 10 shades brighter. And what it does is that it brightens. You can't change the natural color of the tooth. Not all people are born with the same color white teeth. So if you've never had natural white teeth (maybe slightly off white instead), you just can't get them white, unless you get Veneers.

Ok, NOW my experience. I have a small mouth. I'm petite, so it's not unusual. My mom applied all the needed materials: gauzes, blocking out agent on gums to prevent leakage, vaseline on lips, she applied etching, everything. She then applied the Zoom and set me under the light which beeps every so often so you can be checked on. I felt a tingle but knew that the teeth whitening procedure causes sensitivity so I didn't say anything. After a couple minutes, I told me mom that it was hurting and I really couldn't take it. When everything was removed, my mom saw that there was a leak in the Zoom (even though she applied the the blocking solution). Have a small mouth, she probably missed a spot. I had sever gum burn!!!!!!!!!! SEVERE!!! Bleeding, peeling, and black burned areas!). I was so tramatized. This has never happened before (and never ever did again). I was just one of the unlucky ones (there are several stories on the net). I still have a tooth that has receding gum because of the burn.

Get a good cleaning. Cut out the red wines and sodas and teas and invest in a tooth paste with whitening power. It does work. Won't get your teeth ultra white, but it does brighten.

Titchou
09-23-2010, 06:28 AM
The best toothpaste I've found is called DenBlan and it is made in Europe. It can run $ 20 a tube which is quite costly but it really does a good job. My dental hygenist even asked what I was using because she could tell a difference.

annstar
10-06-2010, 07:54 AM
I've always considered teeth whitening but never know what works best apart from veneers? I also don't want to spend too much

luvmakeup1000
11-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Okay, I have tried lots of stuff. I also did zoom and it was crap, my teeth lightened up about one shade and I paid hundreds of dollars for that. Oh well, anyways, I tried gosmile and it totally sucked. The crest whitestrips aren't bad but I can't do anything for 1 to 2 weeks. I also had the ones that you buy from the dentist office and take them home and leave them in your mouth overnight. They hurt so bad that I couldn't ever leave them in all night, it would burn and tingle really bad, after a few hours I would take them out and gave up after a few nights.

Okay, so the best thing I tried was 5 minute teeth whitening gel......it works soooo good. They sell it at cvs and walgreens, it looks like a toothpaste but it's a gel. It only tingled a little the first time I used it for a few minutes but I only use it for about 30 min or so while I am showering for a few days and it gets my teeth so white. I do use my mouthtray from the dentist with the gel, it doesn't come with one. You can buy generic mouthtrays for cheap and dip it in hot boiling water and as it cools then place in your mouth to mold it. Anyways, this works really well, only like $10 bucks definately worth a try.

EllieFrog
12-11-2010, 11:28 AM
OMG, totally agree with uovmakeup1000. The 5 Minute Whitening Gel is awesome! I used it everyday for a couple of weeks and saw an obvious difference. Tecently I also purchased the Crest 3D whitestrips and used them both simultaneously. My teeth are as white as they can get with at home whitening products. I have never tried professional whitening and the dentist and I don't think that it's worth the hundreds of dollars that it costs. Last time I went to my dentist and needed a couple of fillings replaced he used the whitest shade... so I am pretty sure that my teeth can't get much whiter than that.

Anyway, the Crest whitestrips brought my teeth to their whitest and I plan on maintaining them with the gel because it's fantastic... and the bonus is that it only costs like $8 at Walgreen's.

eddysmom1
12-18-2010, 04:49 AM
I am using the Listerine white strips right now, along with Crest Extra Whitening toothpaste. Both are working great!

packet04
04-28-2011, 01:29 AM
I think it would be better if you seek advice from a professional/dental expert re: teeth whitening as they can recommend a more appropriate procedure or product. Furthermore, they can give you some pointers on what are the things you need to avoid once you started your journey to achieving pearly white teeth. Your dentist knows best.

hobogirl
04-28-2011, 07:06 AM
I use the crest white strips and really like them. I also use the crest 3d toothpast and I think that they work good together.

Bran'sNana
05-21-2011, 04:44 PM
What is the brand name of this 5 minute whitening gel?

tUrRrRa
05-23-2011, 07:12 PM
If you have sensitive skin and don't want to go for options like veneers or some kind of professional treatment with numbing, try Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster. I absolutely love this stuff and it's about $5! This isn't something that will give you immediate results. You add it to your toothpaste once per day and brush your teeth normally. I was able to use Crest Whitestrips in the past but even the most gentle ones make my teeth throb and it's very uncomfortable! Some gels/strips are a hassle to use if you have to sit for more than 5 minutes, especially if you are short on time. After using the A&H regularly for a little while, I really noticed brighter and whiter teeth, minus the sensitivity. I haven't needed it for a while since the results lasted pretty well, but I'll probably pick it up again soon since I've been drinking coffee a bit more often! Great stuff! It's best for when your teeth aren't seriously stained and you just need to brighten them a couple of shades, nothing extreme. For me, it was perfect!

Bran'sNana
05-24-2011, 06:02 PM
That's so funny you mentioned this as I have a coupon and was going to try it! I wondered if it was any good...I think I will try it, thanks hon!

Brock01
05-30-2011, 06:12 AM
I use to brush my teeth with baking soda once a week... Have you ever tried?

tUrRrRa
06-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I use to brush my teeth with baking soda once a week... Have you ever tried?

I have tried this too! I liked that is also made my teeth feel very clean. I've heard not to do this too often (once a week is good, like you mentioned) or it can possibly wear down the enamel a little bit (not sure if this is 100% true). I am not sure if I noticed a big difference, but maybe some slight whitening. It's inexpensive, so it's definitely worth a try! When I read about this trick, it suggested dipping your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide, then in the baking soda, then brushing (just don't eat it). I honestly didn't notice a difference with the hydrogen peroxide, so it was easier to just do it without it.

Bran'sNana
06-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I tried the just baking soda too, it does make your teeth clean but i heard no more than once a week too.

whitemore55
06-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Teeth whitening then use a tube for whitening and one for teeth strong. Then your problem is solved. For whitening you can use Close up and for strong use Colgate.