View Full Version : what to do for aching hip joints

09-26-2010, 09:14 PM
what to do for aching hip joints

10-03-2010, 02:53 PM
what to do for aching hip joints

Do you have arthritis? I think this is likely so I'll give some suggestions for this problem. Believe it or not, diet has a lot to do with it. The biggest culprit is added sugar. It might be sugar added to processed foods or sugar that you add at home. Read food labels and reject anything with added sugar. Better yet, avoid ALL processed foods. If you have a bag of granulated sugar, artificial sweeteners and the like, throw them out. Things like candy, cookies, ice cream, pizza cake, pie, soft drinks, coffee and even soy milk with added sugar - they all need to go. No exceptions.

High protein diets are bad too. You need just enough LEAN protein to meet your needs. Don't eat any processed meats like hot dogs or any deli items like lunch meat. Avoid all dairy products and get your calcium from dark leafy greens like bok choy, collard greens, turnup greens, romaine lettuce etc..

Avoid starchy items like grains, potatoes and corn. And replace them with fresh nonstarchy vegetables and nonsweet fruit like avocado, tomato, lemon and lime. Other fruits are okay if limited to 3 - 4 servings per day.

I hope this will help.

10-31-2010, 07:11 AM
Go get an exam, because it only gets worse. I don't eat sugar and I have had two hip replacements so not sure how much the diet above will help your hips?

03-07-2011, 11:00 AM
.... not sure how much the diet above will help your hips?

I'm not sure either but I know that hip arthritis is common in people who are overweight. A good diet may be helpful in losing weight and that may help to ease the pain. :)

04-17-2011, 05:32 AM
John, Your so right.... Sugar is known to be bad for us and it seems to be in everything.