PDA

View Full Version : Hi, story/answers/advice welcomed!

abc321
10-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Deleting this topic...

sjb
10-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Hi there! A blood clot time is in order in my opinion, in addition to your other plans. they might call it a PT time and a PTT.

abc321
10-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi there! A blood clot time is in order in my opinion, in addition to your other plans. they might call it a PT time and a PTT.

Actually in the test where they did a CBC he also did a PT, PTT, and INR, liver function tests, full STD screening (I knew that would be negative but I just wanted to make sure, =D), thyroid-- all came out negative/ WNL. I can't recall what other tests but all the negatives have made me feel as if I am a hypochondriac or something. Thanks for the advice! =)

sjb
10-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi in my opinion blood is not a hypochondriasis, nor a bruise that lasts 2 months.

I think some pharmacies may carry occult blood tests you can do for yourself but I don't know if the results would still show up sufficiently if you had to delay showing it to the doctor. If it had been mine I think I would have done the occult blood when there was plenty to be seen, for positive evidence.

abc321
10-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi in my opinion blood is not a hypochondriasis, nor a bruise that lasts 2 months.

I think some pharmacies may carry occult blood tests you can do for yourself but I don't know if the results would still show up sufficiently if you had to delay showing it to the doctor. If it had been mine I think I would have done the occult blood when there was plenty to be seen, for positive evidence.

I was actually really shocked, I did not get a phone call at all about it and only found out the results a good month later. I thought that due to the fact that I had WIPED BLOOD OFF with toliet paper the night before that there would HAVE to be something... but perhaps I did the test inaccurately or something. I took the section off of several different portions of different parts of the bowel movement.

I also did get a fasting blood glucose done because of the bruising and because I am at an increased risk of diabetes due to morbid obesity and family history but I am actually in the low portion, borderline hypoglycemic- it was 70 I believe but I have been in the 60s before if I was unable to eat.

The bruise still concerns me. I have also noticed an increase in what looks like petechiae (bright red tiny pin pr.i.ck splotches) throughout my upper body and arms. I found a nice clump of it behind my arm just two days ago.

I keep having a feeling that something is not quite right. Only one MD actually offered to preform the digital and visual rectal exam for hemorroids and possible anal fissure but I was short and time and declined to wait til a more convient time. She was also the one person that did warn of the more serious disease processes that could be linked to rectal bleeding.

I had planned to post-pone it longer however I spoke to my Aunt about my Grandmother and she said all they had was bright red bleeding. She was diagnoised and went into surgery very rapidly.

sjb
10-07-2010, 06:41 PM
I was actually really shocked, I did not get a phone call at all about it and only found out the results a good month later. I thought that due to the fact that I had WIPED BLOOD OFF with toliet paper the night before that there would HAVE to be something... but perhaps I did the test inaccurately or something. I took the section off of several different portions of different parts of the bowel movement.

Perhaps I misunderstood you

I also did get a fasting blood glucose done because of the bruising and because I am at an increased risk of diabetes due to morbid obesity and family history but I am actually in the low portion, borderline hypoglycemic- it

Hypoglycemia can somtimes turn into Diabetes I would keep a watch on it.

The bruise still concerns me. I have also noticed an increase in what looks like petechiae (bright red tiny pin pr.i.ck splotches) throughout my upper body and arms.

I have had some for years and the dr could not tell me what caused it and they are still there

I found a nice clump of it behind my arm just two days ago.

I keep having a feeling that something is not quite right. Only one MD actually offered to preform the digital and visual rectal exam for hemorroids and possible anal fissure but I was short and time and declined to wait til a more convient time. She was also the one person that did warn of the more serious disease processes that could be linked to rectal bleeding.

I had planned to post-pone it longer however I spoke to my Aunt about my Grandmother and she said all they had was bright red bleeding. She was diagnoised and went into surgery very rapidly.

A relative of mine had to do the same thing I think people should probably not postpone when there is blood

abc321
10-07-2010, 06:45 PM
No, thank you very much for replying and giving me very thoughtful advice and suggestions. I will continue to monitor my blood glucose. :)

sjb
10-08-2010, 09:39 AM
:smile: you are welcome!

abc321
10-09-2010, 06:57 AM
:smile: you are welcome!

So what is your story? Do you have/had/know someone with colon and/or rectal cancer? I'm not sure if that is going to come back out right, sorry if it doesn't, my wording is off sometimes. I just mean, can you share your story with me?

sjb
10-12-2010, 08:34 AM
HI there! My relatives on both sides of the family have had colon cancer and I am at high risk for it. Much of my personal history is listed in some of my past posts. One of the posts is post #3 by sjb inside of a thread by username jellebeans with a threadname of "endometreosis" (sic) and contains female info in it. Another post with part of my history is contained in a thread started by sxcdaniel post #2 by username sjb Threadname is "Re:Anal Fistular's and Seton stitch problems PLEASE HELP".

abc321
10-13-2010, 03:29 PM
HI there! My relatives on both sides of the family have had colon cancer and I am at high risk for it. Much of my personal history is listed in some of my past posts. One of the posts is post #3 by sjb inside of a thread by username jellebeans with a threadname of "endometreosis" (sic) and contains female info in it. Another post with part of my history is contained in a thread started by sxcdaniel post #2 by username sjb Threadname is "Re:Anal Fistular's and Seton stitch problems PLEASE HELP".

I am sorry, I do hope they are well now. The only real threat I have with colon cancer was my grandmother but I am not very knowledgable about all of my family history. =,= Thank you again for responding. =)