PDA

View Full Version : best makeup for mature skin??

memawof3
10-11-2010, 12:13 PM
i think this has been asked before, but iam wanting to try something new for my dry mature skin!
i have used lancome,estee lauder,clinque,...
even bobbie brown, but iam wanting to find something good that does not cost an arm and leg!:dizzy:
thanks!
bren

slenderella
11-06-2010, 01:10 PM
I really like Revlon's age defying foundation. It's nice and creamy.

memawof3
11-06-2010, 02:09 PM
ive also heard that color stay for normal/dry skin is also good!
bren

luvmakeup1000
11-07-2010, 01:27 AM
boots #7 lifting and firming cream....sells at target and great for dry skin....very similiar to high end brands.

seabell
11-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup. I swear by it. I've been using it for 15 years now, and everytime a new type of makeup comes out, especially for 'mature' skin, I buy it, try it, hate it, and then it sits in my drawer. I always go back to bare escentuals. I moisturize, brush on the foundation very lightly, a little blush, mineral veil, and I'm good to go and it last all day. It may seem pricy but it last a long time.

SB

memawof3
11-08-2010, 06:18 AM
i have tried the bare minerals, over this past summer, it was nice, but i have dry skin,and it did not work well for me...
yesterday, i went to cvs, and they had revlon color stay,buy one get one half off sale, so i bought medium beige, and some primer!
put it on this am, so far so good!
bren

Lynae1976
11-11-2010, 09:42 AM
I swear by Bare Escentuals too!! I've been using it for about a year (after wasting TONS of money on other brands that I hated) and I will NEVER use a liquid foundation on my face again. As long as you moisturize well (I personally use plain old Eucerin lotion on my face) it looks great and stays put all day. I ran out recently & bought some of the cheap stuff again & I HATE IT!! I can't remember the brand but it's in a little round jar & it's the one with Oil of Olay mixed in. It *says* it won't settle into fine lines & wrinkles. It lies. Bare Minerals is a bit pricey, but a jar of it lasts me almost 6 months, so I'll gladly pay the $30-35 for something that lasts that long. And the tiny jar of blush has lasted me over a year. Their mascara is great too!! I use it with the Prime Time primer underneath (again, small container lasts forever) and it stays put and lasts all day.

memawof3
11-19-2010, 12:26 PM
i agree..
it is good, so maybe if i use a moisturizer, it may do better?
bren

Bell99
11-26-2010, 11:44 AM
I used Bare Essentuals UNTIL I had mature skin.. I noticed it defined every pore and wrinkle as well as leaving a shine. Always use a good Primer under your make up. I try to stay away from anything with a powder base.

memawof3
11-26-2010, 12:24 PM
i agree...i stopped useing powder!

Bran'sNana
11-26-2010, 12:28 PM
I like the age rewind one by Maybelline. The one you click and has a sponge on the end. I bought the buff beige, not too yellow and light enough for me. I use it on my 86 year old Mom too! Not drying at all.

memawof3
01-04-2011, 02:04 PM
thanks!!!
may try that one soon!
bren

kathryn+2
01-06-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm 58 with pretty good skin...I've tried lots of different foundations trying to find one that looks fresh and dewey and also stays on. The one I'm using right now I really like. It's Revlon Photo Ready.

Bran'sNana
01-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I have read both good and bad reviews about this one, the bad being it's sparkly or something. Is it?

memawof3
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
I am still on the hunt for a good foundation..seems as i age,my skin gets dryer,so it has to be a moisterizing foundation aswell, ive also tried and like a primer undermy foundation too..this helps it glide onto the skin better, and does not let the skin dry out as much!
Now, about that primer???
I have tried them all from revlon to laura geller to ect....
I have found that most all are about the same..but i do like the one by sally hansen natual beauty by carmindy..this one is in a bottle and has a liminizer in it,that is good,abt 9.00 in price,but i also like revlons,in a tube abt 12.00 in price, they last a good while,dont take much,but does make a differance!
Foundation,i seem to like right now clinique supermoist foundation in the tube..goes on nice, and last along time,about 18-20.00 in price..
bren

kathryn+2
01-07-2011, 05:24 PM
No...not sparkly at all. I've never heard that. It's very light and natural looking ..but still gives good coverage.

Bran'sNana
01-07-2011, 06:58 PM
yes I like that primer too, also there's one by Rimmel that is nice. Thanks for the info on the photo finish, that's good to know.

bubblegirl
01-08-2011, 03:58 AM
I like Christian Dior photo finish! Pretty expensive though but it lasts for ages. It's light & natural looking. I agree- no powder is a better look & feel for older skin. ;)

MakeupGirl
01-14-2011, 04:44 AM
Hi, always use a liquid foundation never a heavy type like cream as it can look to much on aged skin, and the liquid will help with dry skin.

memawof3
01-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi, always use a liquid foundation never a heavy type like cream as it can look to much on aged skin, and the liquid will help with dry skin.

You are so right!!
if you wear heavy makeup,it does get into lines and wrinkles badly!!!
also, dont use powders!!!!!!!!!
I have found out the hard way,how to much powder will do the same thing,and make you look chaulky too!!
I have stopes useing powders,and i use more of a tiented moisturizer, its so much softer looking,and better for my skin..i have also softend my lips,eyes,cheeks..so much nicer than to much color!
for me,i use a soft brown eye shadow color,not frsted or shinny,a soft peach cheek color,brows,and love clinique supermoist foundation in neutral..lips,iam uesing cliniques new chubbie stick in mega melon..
thats it!
bren