PDA

View Full Version : Gas on an empty stomach?

JwhyS
06-28-2001, 06:33 PM
This has puzzled me for the longest time, but I unfortunately have this. I tend to get gassy when I have an empty stomach. Is there any remedy for empty-stomach gas?? Peppermint Oil, Acidophilus, and an occasional dose of an anti-spasmodic and gasx seems to take care of mostly all of my gas EXCEPT for my empty stomach gas. What is the cause and how can I treat it?

neufa
06-28-2001, 10:02 PM
I find that if I take a mixture of tuna, eggs and mayo (<I>without</I> too much drink to wash it down) that keeps my stomach full for quite a long period of time.

But if you take starch or alot of fiber with it, it might ruin the effect of keeping you full longer.

Then again, everyone's different.

boobiejs
06-29-2001, 06:28 AM
Why don't you try eating something. I learned this myself. When you don't eat, your body produces more gas as apossed to a a full stomach. It has something to do with your stomch breaking down your acids or something to that effect. Why aren't you eating?

JwhyS
06-29-2001, 11:35 AM
I eat a lot and I must since I play sports. However, sometimes when I'm out with friends for long periods of time or at work, I don't get a chance to eat until I get home. I think you're right though. Frequent meals is the only remedy. And maybe some digestive enzymes for right after I eat as well.