PDA

View Full Version : Take antacid pills like Pepsid

Trinket
02-21-2002, 01:08 AM
I have IBS but I am still not diagnosed with it really. I got it after my gallbladder was taken out and never realized it could be from that until i read things on these healthboards. Funny thing is, my doctor still has never put these two things together which sorta makes me mad cuz i think I might have Bile Salt Diarrhea. She does admit that she thinks I do have IBS but I would have to get all these tests with my colon to see so I dont know if I even want to be diagnosed. Anyways she tells me to take 3 to 4 antacid pills before u eat anything bad and that helps tremendously. Plus I eat fiber. I barely ever have this problem anymore unless I have my period since I have been doing this. But I found out that antidepressant pills also help it and I started taking zoloft the same time I started taking the antacid pills for panic attacks. Maybe a mixture of all that has helped.

I noticed that I have gained a real lot of weight since the gallbladder surgery and now I am wondering if not having a gallbladder is the reason why? What can I do to get rid of this weight? It really is hard to lose it it seems.<p>[This message has been edited by Trinket (edited 02-21-2002).]

Trinket
03-06-2002, 10:40 PM
hmm no replies. Well thats real great.<p>[This message has been edited by Trinket (edited 03-08-2002).]