PDA

View Full Version : IBS but need to gain weight

bobschueler
12-16-2000, 01:15 PM
Hi. I have IBS. I recently switched my diet to a non-meat program and have been feeling much better, but I've been losing weight. I don't drink coffee, alcohol or pop/soda; I eat only fruits, vegetables and nuts. What am I doing wrong? I don't like to feel gorged when I eat but I'm told that I need to double my food intake. I don't rightly know my caloric intake at this point but probably need to enhance it. Anyone been in this boat? Thanks much

angeline
12-18-2000, 07:45 AM
Kudos on your switch to vegetarianism!! (anyone who knows me knows I'm very annoying b/c I aways tell people to go vegan! lol...)

Anyway, probably you just need to up your carbs a little. I mean, what do you eat? Do you eat pasta, lots of veggies? Try some recipes on your own--make dishes that are vegetarian and save them. Even if you don't like to gorge, you can still eat a meal and be filled, but not overfull. I like to eat tacos made with refried beans, topped with taco sauce, etc. pasta is a big one, salads (topped with like, everything!! olives, peppers, croutons, cucumbers, etc!!) There's plenty of sources for you to gain extra calories...I say bulk up on the pasta.

------------------
Feel Free to Respond!