PDA

View Full Version : are you SURE it is IBS?

janda2001
04-15-2001, 10:05 AM
I was diagnosed with IBS 2 years ago, after a lifetime of problems. I was just released from the hospital a week ago where they found out my gallbladder was defective and diseased. I was given a HIYA scan, which tests the function of the gallbladder, and picks up problems that a ultrasound can't see.

If you have had an ultrasound for gallstones and still have IBS symptoms, you may want to get a HIYA scan. It has possibly saved me from future stone development and even more pain.

Gallbladder disease often mimics IBS. Go to the Digestive disorders forum to learn more...

Fletchswife
05-02-2001, 04:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by janda2001:
<B>I was diagnosed with IBS 2 years ago, after a lifetime of problems. I was just released from the hospital a week ago where they found out my gallbladder was defective and diseased. I was given a HIYA scan, which tests the function of the gallbladder, and picks up problems that a ultrasound can't see.

How did you get your doctor to give you a HIYA? I have been battling with this for 4 years. They have never done anything like that before. What symptoms did you have?

If you have had an ultrasound for gallstones and still have IBS symptoms, you may want to get a HIYA scan. It has possibly saved me from future stone development and even more pain.

Gallbladder disease often mimics IBS. Go to the Digestive disorders forum to learn more...

</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Cheerio,
Fletchswife