PDA

View Full Version : Can You Feel Gas Pains in Your Back?

terri48
10-12-2002, 09:50 PM
I have been getting pains mostly in the left flank area and back above my waist. I had a cat scan to rule out kidney stones or other problems. I have had terrible gas the past few days. Does anyone ever feel the gas pains in this part of their body? Thank you.

Unregistered
10-13-2002, 03:52 AM
You can feel gas pains anywhere really. It depends where the gas is trapped.

If you have gas though, it sounds like you need to re-balance the good bacteria in your gut. I would suggest taking a Probiotic supplement that contains Lactobacillis. Take it twice daily on an empty stomach and you might find that the gas begins to resolve.

tcb0609
10-15-2002, 12:20 PM
Since having my gall bladder removed 2 1/2 yrs. ago, I feel gas pains everywhere...stomach, chest, ribs, back , shoulder blades. It is VERY uncomfortable!

dennie
10-15-2002, 07:30 PM
Be forwarned that some probiotics, if not all, can cause an increase in gas at the onset. This should subside within a week or two as your system adjusts. At least you know it is doing 'something' by the amount of gas that you'll produce!! I've heard wonderful things about probiotics...and more and more studies are coming out all the time, that to me, prove their validity.

dennie
10-15-2002, 07:33 PM
tcb0609

Are you having any increased bowel problems(diarrhea) since you're gallbladder surgery...or just the increase in gas?