PDA

View Full Version : hydrocodone helps me

mcvick
04-27-2001, 01:10 PM
Hydrocodone along with lomotil,robanol,fibercon and careful diet helps me. Does anyone else use this medication for the diarreha and abdominal pain. I know it is not "routine" medication but when I am having terrible "attacks" this helps me in an acute phase. Harry I would like your opinion if I may.

Harry
04-30-2001, 06:58 PM
Hi mcvick,
Welcome to the the IBS board. I was waiting to see if anyone else knew what hydrocodone is ---I think it's a brand of steroid but am not sure.If it is --I don't think you want to be taking it too regular.
The only medication I am fimiliar with that you listed is FiberCon and it is calcium polycarbophil ---it is a synthetic fiber that acts like a laxative because it is does not ferment or gets broken down by your intestinal bacteria.It acts like an insoluble fiber supplement and that type make your bowels move---it not a stool forming agent. I would not use it during diarrhea attacks.

I would suggest you use a fiber that absorbs water--use it daily as a bulk stool forming agent.They are safe to use daily and they work.Metamucil or Citrucel are both water soluble fiber supplements.

Sorry--I am not familar with the other medicines you mentioned.
God Bless---Harry <p>[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 04-30-2001).]

SusieLaF
05-01-2001, 11:10 AM
Hydrocodone is the generic form of Vicodin a pain medication similar to codine. Besides helping pain it also tends to be constipating. Lomotil is an antidiarrheal that slows down bowel contractions, and when I looked up robanol I found robinul listed as an antispasmodic similar to Bentyl. All three were listed for use in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome.