PDA

View Full Version : IBS & Spastic Colon

darlene
03-16-2002, 07:34 AM
I have a question here, are IBS and spastic colon the same? I was diagnosed with spactic colon about 40 plus years ago, it was something that would act up for awhile and then go away. Now I'm told I have IBS so am wondering if they are the same, now that I'm older the IBS is certainly worse than the spastic colon symptoms were. I also have diverticuli- meaning pockets in the colon but are not infected, yet. also have Fibromyalgia which I know is usually accompanied with IBS.

Darlene

Unregistered
03-16-2002, 09:11 AM
Hi,

Yes, spastic colon and IBS are the same thing. IBS is the trendy name for it nowadays. Spastic colon does not really have the same ring to it!!

Sarah

babesbarn
03-27-2002, 04:45 PM
Try some George's Aloe Vera. It really helps.

Donna S
03-27-2002, 06:38 PM
Darlene
I had my gallbladder out 16 years ago, and they told me i had the colon thing also, because i had to go to the bath room after every time i ate, well as the years went by they called IBS, i told them i didnt' have any of this until i had my gallballder out, both my daughters had their galbladder out and now they have the same problem i have, so when we all go out to eat its like a race to the bath room and the husbands i guess will never get use to it, personally i think it has something with my galballader being out, i know other people with the same thing and guess what they all lost their gallballder. well guess you heard enough on gallballder.ha hope you get to feeling better, Donna

Angie E
03-31-2002, 07:49 AM
Many people who have had their gallbladder removed, have diarrhea problems. Dr.'s usually prescribe a drug called Questran to relieve this problem. May you and your daughters should look into this...I know, fighting for the bathroom is not much fun!

Angie E