PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman's Friend???????

Car
09-16-2001, 05:18 PM
Hi,
I have a cold right now and have been eating a lot of Fisherman's Friend throat lozenges. I've been using the blue package kind and now I'm cramping but I haven't eaten anything today that would usually make me cramp. It also seems to make me go to the washroom. Don't ask how many I've eaten, I'm not sure. Not a whole package. Has anyone else experienced this with Fisherman's Friends or other OTC medicines?

SLSV
09-19-2001, 12:15 PM
Does the Fisherman's Friend have any type of artificial sweetener in it? That could cause a problem. Otherwise...it may just be your cold causing the problem....a lot of mucus could aggrivate I.B.S.

I hope you feel better!

Car
09-20-2001, 06:39 PM
Wow, thanks for replying! I didn't think anyone would answer. Yes, the blue package says its sweetened with sorbitol, I'm not sure what that is really. And yes, I appear to have started to kick the cold already. Does anyone know of any other over the counter medications that affect IBS?

angeline
09-25-2001, 03:01 PM
Is there peppermint in them? I always thought peppermint helped, but it could be different for you.

Artificial sweeteners are more like nutrasweet or something.

SLSV
09-27-2001, 11:50 AM
Peppermint can help, but the artificial sweetener can cause an IBS problem (D episode).

Car
09-28-2001, 07:17 PM
Hi,
Is this true of all artificial sweeteners or just aspertame? Diet pop (though I rarely drink it) isn't a problem.