PDA

View Full Version : Passing out from IBS

BellaGirl
06-04-2001, 06:07 PM
Last year I was diagnosed with IBS due to the normal symptoms but from passing out on the toilet as well. Something they call VASAVAGAL. Anyways...since then I've been put on medication, to help the heart rate when having an BM. See what happens is there is a nerve in your rectum and if you irritate it, it then cause the blood supply to your heart to shut off and then cause the oxygen to your brain to shut off and you pass out. Sound like fun huh? So I'm wondering, does everyone else out there feel as I do. As if you can never really lead a normal life, without to ask, "where is the bathroom?". I hate having this condition, and I know I could be worse off. It's just kind of scary for me, with the passing out, and it can be really depressing. About a month ago I started bleeding from rectum, and now lucky me, I get the reward of having a scope up my butt. Anyway, thought I would share what I was feeling and was wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

Depressed Bella

johansabastian
07-16-2001, 10:28 PM
Welcome Bella, I'm new too... and yes I do feel the same way. I worry about where the bathroom is and I too have had a scope up my butt. There are lots of people out there like you Bella and you will meet a few of them here. Again Welcome.

Edit: I didn't really need to quote you so removed the quote.
<p>[This message has been edited by johansabastian (edited 07-17-2001).]

BellaGirl
07-16-2001, 10:40 PM
Thank you for the welcome.
The Sidmoidoscopy showed that I have hemroids which is causing the bleeding. The doctor's are now recommending surgery. The claim there is nothing they can do for the passing out. So now I get to see a Cardiologist. Lucky me. I know that there are so many more people in this world much more unfortunate than I, but I can't take this constant panic of not knowing when the next time will be that I pass out. No one here seems to be responding to having the same thing. Guess I am alone!