PDA

View Full Version : Can't stand to drink water!! Why? My other theory.

Moon
01-10-2001, 08:43 AM
I keep dinding that there are people that say they don't care for water. Could this be a consequence of all the things that are put into the water for sanitation.

I have found that tap water does not taste as good as I remember when I was a little tyke. Now, the communities are so concerned with sanitation of the water that they add chlorine, flouride and other compounds to help protect the people from bacteria, tooth decay and who knows what else. All this makes the water taste like you poured yourself a glassfull of battery acid.

What can you do. Well, I went out and researched the different water filters (under $100) that would eliminate chlorine, flouride, heavy metals and whaterver else was in the water. I got a refrigerator model about the size of a rolling pin and is easy to install, and cost me about 30 dollars from Culligan. I bouht it at Lowes.

Now my ice and water taste great and I can drink all the water in the world. When I make something with my new water, it tastes good too and I don't have to cringe at the flavor. Just think chlorinated orange juice (yuck!).

You may need to look into the quality of your water, if you don't drink enough now. Good water is like fine wine you just can't have enough. (if you have IBS, this is only a metaphor, and not an endorsement to drink more wine!, just more water.)

Got water!!

angeline
01-10-2001, 11:58 AM
I have one of those Brita fill'n'go water bottles that I take with me EVERYWHERE! It was one of my best investments ever. I too can't stand tapwater, and I only deal with it when I brush my teeth. This bottle saves me a lot of money in the long run b/c I can fill it with water from anywhere and I don't have to bother with expensive bottled water from the store. Even in public bathrooms when I'm out somewhere, or from a water fountain at a theme park--it's just so useful! And it only cost me $7, and the filters are about $3 every few weeks depending on how often you use the bottle.

kdoubleu
01-10-2001, 03:49 PM
Angeline,

Where did you get the Brita bottle?