PDA

View Full Version : TOO much water possible?

mackyhutt
10-05-2001, 08:19 AM
I've been reading Harry's posts reagrding water to help the IBS'ers with c type. So i'm wondering if it's possible that too much water will give you the d type? I've been on a new prescription medicine that up until last night was working wonders, but unfortunately the crampy, loose bowel movements are back. I'm wondering if my drinking water is not helping this. I drink only water, and probably drink at least 10 bottles a day. Any suggestions? I'm trying to learn as much as I can to solve this pain in the butt (no pun intended!)

Harry
10-05-2001, 01:16 PM
Hi Macky,
I've been writing messages on this board for a little over 2 years and I have read alot about Gastro problems.
I know everybody's system works the same but reacts differently depending on their condition and there are many ------many conditions. I have not heard that too much water can cause diarrhea by its self but if your GI situation is such ---I think it can.

I have had stomach viriuses that water would just run through me without any control. My wife cannot
drink coffee--it will immediately causes diarrhea.

I like water soluble fiber supplements --- The worse case of chronic diarrhea I have ever known was a friend and he was helped significantly by Metamucil. So, I use psyllium daily and have for 18 years.
It started out with diverticulitis-- now I just take it.

Some fiber is not water soluble --like nuts-- they don't absorb water and they give me very loose stools if I eat too many.
If you have IBS----You will have one or more trigger foods that cause you to have diarrhea or loose stools. You have to find out what they are and of course eliminate them from your diet ---- sometimes its not easy.

God Bless---Harry