PDA

View Full Version : waking in the night feeling sick

Unregistered
05-22-2002, 09:03 AM
Does anyone wake in the middle of the night feeling real sick? I've had IBS for years, and almost every kind of symptom. Now I'm having to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and I feel sick to my stomach when I wake up. My nerves have been bad, and I've started taking Glucosamine for my arthritis, so I'm wondering if there could be a connection there. I have the C kind of problems.

Katie G
05-22-2002, 10:41 AM
Hi, there. Have you ever been diagnosed with acid reflux disease? Sometimes GERD can cause nausea, especially after a night time of refluxing. Also do you take your meds right at bedtime which can also cause nausea during the night? I had night time nausea for quite awhile (along with other digestive problems) until I was diagnosed with gall bladder disease and had it removed. However, I also have GERD and just had surgery to correct the problem last year. I also have IBS, but mine is the "D" kind. IBS can cause nausea too. You might want to see your doctor to get a definitive diagnosis and rule out anything more serious.

Good luck,
Katie G