PDA

View Full Version : Charcoal Capsules?

Shell6678
02-25-2002, 07:16 AM
Has anyone heard of using Charcoal Capsules for helping out an upset stomach? My friend uses them whenever he has a stomach ache or thinks he is going to get "D".

This is some info I found on Charcoal Capsules:

Relieves Indigestion, Intestinal Gas and Discomfort. Charcoal capsules effectively absorb irritants that can cause flatulence or diarrhea. It safely passes through your system transporting irritants harmlessly away. Sugar and Starch Free.

These can save a life if a person gets sudden food poisoning. Take 4 - 6 capsules with water and repeat in 2 hours. Charcoal goes to work to immediately absorb the toxins.
<p>[This message has been edited by Shel (edited 02-25-2002).]

Harry
02-25-2002, 09:55 AM
Shel

Charcoal Tablets are good for upset stomach!!! It seem they do absorb toxins and reduce Gas(bloating).
Just use them only when needed.

God Bless----Harry

Shell6678
02-25-2002, 10:01 AM
Ok, say I get "D" everytime I eat Chinese food. Can I take the Charcoal tablets as prescribed (2 tablets two hours before meals or after) to avoid getting cramps and "D", or do I actually have to wait until the symptoms appear? It says to take no more than 16 per day. It seems that if I wanted to take them everyday I should be ok. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.