PDA

View Full Version : Pain during and after intercourse

Gray
08-26-2001, 12:57 PM
Hello! I'm a 28 year old female and my doctor says I probably have IBS. I suffer from diarrhea and constipation and I get this terrible pain (cramp) that drives me crazy. Lately I've also found it hard to have intercourse without feeling uncomfortable. Either it hurts during intercourse or I get cramps within a few hours. Does anybody else here have similar experiences?

Angie E
08-26-2001, 05:26 PM
Yes, but it had nothing to do with IBS and had everything to do with endometriosis. Endomotriosis can also cause extremely uncomfortable bowel problems, mainly diarrhea. Especially painful during and after intercourse. I would see an OBGYN to check on the endometriosis issue. Can't hurt to be sure...

Gray
08-27-2001, 12:08 AM
Thank you!

/Gray

DianeMarie73
09-21-2001, 08:19 PM
Angie could you tell me if end. can come and go because I've been getting pain with intercourse for yrs off and on along the pelvic area during and after intercourse. and the past 2 mths its been quit a bit could this be end. PS my mom had it and had a hysterectomy in her thirties so what do ya think I'm 28 with one child she's 2. Thanks

Angie E
09-22-2001, 10:54 AM
Endometriosis can be inherited. It can go on and off depending on hormone fluctuations and severity. I would definitly go to my OBGYN and have it checked. Pain during intercourse is not normal. Since I had my hysterectomy, I've had no problem whatsoever! Endometriosis spread to my bowel, so when I have a hormone fluctuation, I end up with diarrhea for a couple of days. If you do have endometriosis and want to have another child, of course don't opt for a hysterectomy. There are medications and treatments. One is Syrnyl (sp?). It's a nose spray. There are also Lupron injections you get once per month. Both will cause menopausal symptoms. I would get it checked out. It could be something as minor as a yeast infection. I've heard they can cause pain during intercourse, along with other infections. At least go to your OBGYN and get it checked out.
Hope this helps!

Angie E

DianeMarie73
09-23-2001, 09:59 AM
Thank-you Angie I will go to the dr. soon.