PDA

View Full Version : Sandy coloured stools........

JanieB
09-09-2001, 03:55 PM
I have been diagnosed with IBS for 18 months now....at first I had brown stools, but lately they are a sandy colour and when I have diarrhea its very yellow or sandy coloured.....Is everybody elses this colour....Also the stench is terrible....It seems like I have alot of bile....I also get a very painful windy tummy...
I have been getting this since taking antibiotics for a kidney infection...Any replies are greatly received..

Love Janie B

Lillisa3479
09-09-2001, 06:03 PM
Hi, I have the same exact symptoms as you. I was diagnosed with IBS last year. My stools used to be a dark brown also (when I was normal) and then became a yellow-ish sandy color with a horrible stench. My stomah also fills up with gas and it is uncomfortable to live like this. The only thing that has helped me is I am taking Citrucel three times a day which solidifies my stools and makes them a darker color. I also drink a lot of water during the day and drink peppermint tea for the gas. Is the gas very bad for you too? Do you know what caused you to get IBS? Try the remidies I'm suggesting and let me know if they help you. You can also try taking some digestive enzymes to help you digest the food you are eating. Take care and feel better and know that I know exactly what you are going through........Lisa