PDA

View Full Version : anti-histamines and IBS

Unregistered
08-16-2002, 01:49 PM
Is there an anti-histamine that won't cause more trouble with IBS? I have both sinus drainage that is caused from allergies, and IBS. Any medications the doctor has given me seems to really aggravate my IBS

Unregistered
08-18-2002, 04:01 AM
Hi,

What anti-histamines have you tried so far? Do they give you increased belly ache and/or diarrhea?

Rather than antihistamine, have you tried more natural treatments?

Might be worth it.

simby
08-18-2002, 06:59 AM
i have ibs and i use benadryl for my sinusus. i don't think it makes it worse.

Unregistered
08-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Thanks for your replies.
I have only used the prescription medications that were given to me by my doctor. I am going to try the Benadryl.
The anti-histamines that I have tried made me feel real wired, and also gave me diarrhea. I couldn't sleep and felt sick to my stomach. Guess I will give the otc meds a try.
What are some natural anti-histamines? I take vitamin C (2000mg a day). I tried MSM but couldn't tolerate it either.

Unregistered
08-19-2002, 03:48 AM
Hi,

There are some good herbal remedies that are good for allergies and homeopathic remedies are also very good for that and will not give you a bad stomach. You would probably need to go and see a homepath though, however the remedy Nat. Mur. in a low does is quite good for sinus problems.

Also, acupuncture is very good generally to help you relax generally. There are certain points that are good for a blocked nose and sinus problems and it could also help your stomach too. I have stomach problems myself and have found acupuncture to be very good in this respect.

Good luck

Sarah

Unregistered
08-21-2002, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the replies. I tried the Benadryl, but had the same side effects as the prescription medications. I'm checking into some homeopathic remedies now.