PDA

View Full Version : stools that float: good or bad?

MICKo
01-30-2001, 10:49 AM
if stools float is this good or bad or neither? i've read in 1 book it's good, everything else says they should sink. i've been using psyllium for 3 weeks now, stools come out much larger + easier but they float.
What does everyone else think on this subject?

------------------
na

plymouth
01-30-2001, 05:37 PM
I understood that floating is better.

4isenuf
02-01-2001, 03:53 PM
I never in my life had a floating stool until last May. That was when I began going thru my ritual of tests. All of the sudden my stools began to float. It really kinda startled me because mine usually sank. I have read that floating stools are not normal, but I have to this day not found out what the problem could be. One book that I read said that floating stools contained more air than normal. I wish I could tell you, I just wanted you to know you aren't alone. If you find anything out please share it with us! Take Care, Janet

Tammi
04-04-2001, 10:52 AM
The leader at Weight Watchers said that when your stools float they are full of fat. Which I suppose would be good since you are flushing your body of this.

Mattsmummum
04-04-2001, 08:06 PM
MICKo, I was always told that floating stools mean you are getting sufficient fiber in your diet. This would seem to go along with the fact you have been taking the psyillium.