PDA

View Full Version : Best makeup for ethnic skin

T-Nice
01-25-2001, 08:34 AM
What is the best makeup out there for ethnic skin. I have oily , blemish-prone skin.

fidgetyy
02-15-2001, 07:30 PM
there's no makeup that causes less breakouts , i dont think, but i'd use powder-based stuff instead of oil based. including on your lips. and wash your face twice a day - 3 times if you really wanna help. also, i'd get on estrogen therapy or at LEAST androgen inhibitors, like aldactone, which kills testosterone in your system. a hormonal imbalance might be the cause. if you also have a rather deep voice for a woman, thats another signal. i think you can get aldactone at epharmacyunited.com, and the estrogen too. if the soap and water doesnt work, try an over-the-counter exfoliant product.
as a matter of fact, the makeup is probably part of why your skin is in such bad condition to begin with. skin wasn't meant to be covered all day with oil and powder. it reacts, and gets uneven and rough. not quite acne, but just a rough consistency.
anyway, i'd definitely try the aldactone and the face washing. i guarantee a regimen like that will work.

Rachael C
02-17-2001, 12:31 AM
I am Asian and I also have oily blemish prone skin, although my skin's nearly cleared now...
But during my really bad breakout times, I've always used Oil of Olay's liquid foundation. It didn't lead to more breakouts and my skin is SO much softer after using it... I mean, after all, oil of olay is a really popular brand of skincare product... So it's makeup should be gentle too.

sabrina
02-18-2001, 02:27 PM
i have oily blemish prone skin also, i have tried many different foundations and i am now using neutrogena healthy skin liquid foundation, and almay oil control pressed powder, the neutrogena foundation goes on very light and my skin doesnt start to shine again for a very long time