PDA

View Full Version : Shaving woes... :(

Lynae1976
11-11-2010, 10:26 AM
I HATE SHAVING MY LEGS!!!! :dizzy:

I have super sensitive skin. I've tried every razor under the sun & still end up with razor burn (which I can deal with) and ingrown hairs all the time. The worst part is the back of my thighs. I always have these bumps...if I scratch the skin off, I can pull out a loooong ingrown hair. Does anyone know how to get rid of these so my legs actually look GOOD & feel smooth after I shave them? Because of the bumps I still feel stubbly. I've exfoliated before I shave, but not religiously. Is that the trick? And if so, what's the best way to do it?

I did have better luck for a while when I used an epilator but it was too time consuming & eventually the bumps & ingrown hairs came back. Any suggestions? HELLLPPPP!!!!!!!!

fjeeva001
11-12-2010, 04:06 AM
Wow I have the same problem and it really irritates the heck out of me!
I tried waxing and same deal! this stubbly feel, I really envy women who have that silky smooth thighs. I sometimes even break out into a rasj which leaves little red bumps and the same ingrown hair problem.
I would also really like to know the answer or solution to this problem. Its really embarassing and makes me so self conscious even to let my husband touch me there:(

eddysmom1
11-19-2010, 11:33 AM
I am hoping somebody answers this, too! I have the same problem. :)

Lynae1976
11-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Ok, I really hope someone has an answer to this. My legs look horrible right now. I don't know if it's because it's getting colder outside & my skin is more dry or what, but I do moisturize after showers so I don't think lotion is the key. I use Eucerin...the really thick one that comes in the big jar. It's about as moisturizing as you can get. My skin is soft but the bumps are still there.

I have so many of those stupid bumps right now that when I scratch them, sometimes the bumps break open (or whatever you'd call it) and I bleed! I look like I have some kind of disease!! lol And ummmm...my butt is the same way. (Stupid peach fuzzy booty! hehe) :( I am so not happy about that. My hubby says he doesn't care but I DO!! It's embarrassing. How do the celebs have such smooth legs all the time? I know they have the money to pay for treatments, but come on, who tells their team of "people" how to fix things like this for them? It's not like they're born with perfection. They have skin issues just like the rest of us.

I've googled this & really all I've come up with is exfoliation, but in order to exfoliate my legs as bad as they are I'd have to use a wire bristled brush & end up with legs dripping with blood. lol I'm also very fair skinned and couldnt tan to save my life unless it gets sprayed on me so even when I am clean shaven you can see the dark hairs under the skin. This just adds to the ugliness. :P HELLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone?? I'm sick of looking like a diseased freak!! :D

fjeeva001
11-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Oh man..this describes my legs and butt to the T...I find I have the problem more around my inner thigh and butt area. Ive spoken to a dermatologist and he recommended using a anti-bacterial soap and yes...exfoliate exfoliate!
I know what you mean ab looking like we have a disease..I look like I have measles. And after they bleed they spots become brown and remain on my legs...ewww:(

sawbuck44
01-28-2011, 12:15 PM
My dermatologist saw that my son was having razor bumps after shaving. She recommended Tend Skin. It comes in a blue bottle. Now you can buy it at grocery stores as well as derm office. It is amazing. It's meant for men and women and for all areas.

Russie1027
01-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi!

Boy do I feel your pain. I'm italian american with fair skin and black curly hair so I have suffered from ingrown hair and hair removal for as long as I can remember.

Exfoliating and anitbacterial soap does help. I love Shobha's products. They have a great ingrown hair relief lotion and exfoliating cloth made of natural recycable material.

For me the ingrown hairs and bumps have left small dark spots/scars. I find that the only way to make it look better is to tan the area, either with self tanning lotion or naturally.

Hope this helps! :wave:

CaringMom
02-21-2011, 08:36 AM
This is a little late, but I can relate. Had this problem for years and read somewhere that using a single blade razor helps. I tried it, and for me, it has helped. They may seem like they don't shave as close and smooth as double or triple blades, but worth a try. I know I shave over and over anyways to get as smooth as I can! Also, I shave in the bath. Gives my legs time to soak and the pores to open.

jimminy
03-21-2011, 12:23 PM
My dermatologist saw that my son was having razor bumps after shaving. She recommended Tend Skin. It comes in a blue bottle. Now you can buy it at grocery stores as well as derm office. It is amazing. It's meant for men and women and for all areas.
Stuff works great, I've found recipes online where you can make your own but have yet to try it.

tUrRrRa
04-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Ohh I remember reading about Tend Skin and those recipes to make it yourself! I saw it looked kinda pricey (especially since I'm sure you can use it up pretty quickly if one has to shave often), so that would be great! Let us know if any of you try making it and how it goes.

I too have some little bumps on the back of my thighs and sometimes on other parts of my legs, but they have been much better recently! I found that it really helped me to stop using shaving gels/creams and instead use a moisturizing body wash or even moisturizing shampoo! I heard that conditioner works well so I tried that, and I definitely prefer using the shampoo or body wash. Also, I find that even though I should shave every 1-2 days, my skin just can't tolerate it. Instead I have to shave like every 4-5 days and just wear pants a little more often. It's frustrating, but my skin looks so much better. I use Jergens lotion with shea and it keeps my skin very soft too. I also like to self tan, so shaving very often just removes all of my tan.

I have an epilator as well, but I always get all red and spotty after using it. I also can't seem to pick up every hair with it, so I still feel slightly stubbly after I use it. I use the Venus Embrace razor or Venus Breeze. They might not be perfect, but they are the best for me so far. I also only shave in the shower unless I absolutely have to shave over the bathtub. I always get razor burn when doing this, even if I try to let my legs soak under the running water first.

So yeah, my simple little tricks, which actually make life easier spending less time shaving and buying less products, seem to help me out with time. Also, one last thing that helped me but is BAD for you was when I used to use tanning beds. Even though I was damaging my skin and risking cancer, my skin looked beautiful. If I had any razor burn, it wasn't noticeable, my acne cleared up the most ever, skin was a very nice and even tone, and I couldn't see all the pores/hair follicles under the skin on my legs. Most of all, I miss how relaxing it was! If only they would invent a new tanning bed that was safe ;) but I gave it up!