View Full Version : swollen top of left foot & black toes two center ones

Bill Leland
11-28-2010, 12:45 PM
I am attempting to determine the cause of all of a sudden swollen left foot and now turned into black toes. I reviewed side effects of drugs I am prescribed
It appears a possible side effect of the amlodipine I was on 5mg. daily doc raised to 10mg. daily now an issue. I was recently given full blood work up on test for diabetes though I'm the correct weight for my height muscular build 180 pounds
not positive this precipitated adding chloresterol drug to bring down below 200.
I'm still trying to regain use of my disfunctional left side leg & arm/hand
I have a "STAIRMASTER 400 PT"(20 minutes) That I use every other day plus a "Bow flex
machine to stay fit I've been very athletic My entire life until stroke.
Left foot tender I've tried elevating and taking Ibuprofen only helps but issue returns. I was planning on cutting 10 mg. amlodipine in half and begin monitoring my blood pressure to be certain I don't have a unplanned rise in this. Your thoughts suggestions. Of course I could go to the doctor but she knows not much more than I do. She'll simply experiment on me, that's why they call it "practicing medicine".

11-28-2010, 06:04 PM
A blood clot can cause your foot to swell and toes to turn black. I wouldn't mess with meds, I'd go to the ER.

Or you could have bumped them and they are bruised.

Are the toes cold/cool. They can get rid of the clot and save your toes if you get there soon enough.

Bill Leland
11-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Pup, thanks for your input. I did go to ER you were right on the mark bumped foot bif hematoma no broken boes all on the road to recovery.

11-29-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm glad you are OK.