PDA

View Full Version : Best Handicapped Used Van?

hot mama on whe
12-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I have issues with the handicap gear breaking and constantly needing repair. My Dodge van 2003 has only 85,000 miles so it's in good shape for a vehicle. However, the ramp van equipment (that I just replaced) has never adjusted so I can use a remote to open the ramp door. The door seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes it opens and closes fine others without any notice it will just refuse to close. After $1,800. of repairs in June (I asked if I could have a Braun put in...They said it would run $20,000) finally, I have decided that I'm tired of fighting and that it is getting too cold to deal with a door that does not close.

The mobility center that works on my van wanted me to buy a new vehicle at 50 some thousand plus. ( In fact they told me that it was time for me to get a new van) I am not able to buy a new van; however,:confused: with trade in and selling a car of my elderly mother I might be able to wrangle a good second hand van. With your collective experience what should I look for?