PDA

View Full Version : Blood tests point to Sjogren's

smem1109
12-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Hi,

I recently had some blood work done and I tested very high for Sjogren's. I don't have dry mouth or dry eyes... or dry anything for that matter. I do have foot pain and some numbness of the tips of my toes when I wake up in the morning. I work in retail; normal-ish, right? Could I really have Sjogren's? I just turned 23 less than a month ago. Does this positive blood test mean I'm okay now, but come age 40 my body will be attacking itself? I can't see a rheumatologist for a month so I have to admit I'm going a little bit crazy. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Angie10
12-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi smem1109,

I have positive Anti-Rho, Anti-La, rheumatoid factor, etc. and did not start to have dry eye symptoms until this year. I'm 37 now. I still have minimal dry mouth issues but have dry skin, joint pain, etc. Autoimmune diseases are different for everyone, so it can be very challenging not to worry about our futures. I speak from experience! When you see the rheumatologist, mention your concerns and come with a list of all the questions you may have. This will help to ease those feelings of the unknown.

Keep us posted!

Hugs,

Angie

Cremer
12-13-2010, 08:54 AM
What blood work did you have done.

I don't have dry eyes and only have dry mouth at night, but I have tested positive for SSa and SSb (Ro & La), also a positive RF and a ANA of 1:640.

Everyone is different but my main sysptoms are joint pain, mouth ulcers and fatigue.

Hope this helps.