PDA

View Full Version : Thick Hair Troubles.

CrispyBread
12-25-2010, 03:37 AM
From a very young age I started to get hairy, everywhere. As soon as I hit puberty it was like I'd started turning from human to ape. Even before that my legs and arms were still very hairy.

I've recently given up on my legs, I only shave once every fortnight and always wear jeans. My arms though hairy are not as black and wiry as my leg hairs. Recently my face has also gotten worse! I've always had bushy eyebrows but I've been able to keep them in check but now its my upper lip and chin and I'm sprouting sideburns!

My upper lip is hairier then its ever been and I have thick wiry hair on certain parts of my chin and neck and a few stray thick black hairs on the side of my face.

I started waxing but found it had no real effect! I kept getting told, "oh it will lighten over time. Just keep with it!" My hair would grow back pretty instantly too and had the appearance of spreading! I resorted to trying to cover my arms and legs with long clothes but now that its on my face I can't even bring myself to go out. I'm fed up and I feel embarrassed and frustrated by this.

I've had some success with threading but since moving I'm no where near anyone that offers that service. I've also tried hair removal creams but those last a day, 12hrs at most but hair just springs back, its very frustrating to say the least.

Is there anything else I can do or something I should try? I have pretty sensitive skin (my upper lip got burnt pretty severely from one product I used) and I'm fair skinned which just makes the dark hair stand out all the more.

Soccer16
12-26-2010, 05:28 AM
From a very young age I started to get hairy, everywhere. As soon as I hit puberty it was like I'd started turning from human to ape. Even before that my legs and arms were still very hairy.

I've recently given up on my legs, I only shave once every fortnight and always wear jeans. My arms though hairy are not as black and wiry as my leg hairs. Recently my face has also gotten worse! I've always had bushy eyebrows but I've been able to keep them in check but now its my upper lip and chin and I'm sprouting sideburns!

My upper lip is hairier then its ever been and I have thick wiry hair on certain parts of my chin and neck and a few stray thick black hairs on the side of my face.

I started waxing but found it had no real effect! I

getting told, "oh it will lighten over time. Just keep with

it!" My hair would grow back pretty instantly too and had the appearance of

I would suggest that you Research the female Endocterine system. There's a very good possibility you have some hormone imbalance. Usually that is the case they call it Hirsuit. It's excessive hair growth and
may be from too much male hormone in the body - Testosterone !
You will need some blood work done for them to find this out, and it's no big deal to have it done. Finding a good doctor with very good knowledge of hormones may be tough. Endocrinologists would be a start. Always ask for copies of your blood results for your own personal records and keep a file on yourself. Understand that results are in referance ranges! Meaning like from
25 - 83 the low and the high. If it's out of the range or too low or high something may need to be done to raise or lower .

Hope this helps ya some

spreading! I resorted to trying to cover my arms and legs with long clothes but now that its on my face I can't even bring myself to go out. I'm fed up and I feel embarrassed and frustrated by this.

I've had some success with threading but since moving I'm no where near anyone that offers that service. I've also tried hair removal creams but those last a day, 12hrs at most but hair just springs back, its very frustrating to say the least.

Is there anything else I can do or something I should try? I have pretty sensitive skin (my upper lip got burnt pretty severely from one product I used) and I'm fair skinned which just makes the dark hair stand out all the more.

Soccer16
12-26-2010, 05:31 AM
OH if you don't mind what is your age ?

Soccer16
12-26-2010, 06:00 AM
I don't want to sound unsympathetic for all of you with a thick hair problem, but stop for a minuet take a GOOD LOOK at yourself in the mirror and be thankful for your beautiful full thick head of hair ! Especially if your a female. It's unfortunate there are women out there who wish they had that full beautiful thick head of hair. Imagine not having any. Personally as a male mine has gotten thin as I grew older and believe me I worry about losing it. I once too had very nice thick blond hair and now it's slowly thinning with age. So be proud and HAPPY for that thick hair cuz there's NO. Natural replacement . There's alot worse things in life than that. So don't hate your hair be glad your gifted with nice thick hair.

CrispyBread
12-26-2010, 10:11 PM
21 (only recently).

CrispyBread
12-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Thats ok and thanks so much, I've been meaning to get a blood test for other reasons so I guess I'll be hitting two birds with one stone this way!

CrispyBread
12-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm very happy for my thick head of hair! Don't get me wrong, its brilliant. Thats not the hair that I take offence to.

I'd happily trade with you in heart beat if it meant I could wear short sleeved shirts and a skirt without having to worry about stubbly legs, etc! At least I'd be able to have a wig for everyday.

Soccer16
12-27-2010, 03:42 PM
21 (only recently).

Well your right! Hair in the wrong places that's visible on a female is understandable. Do research the hormones and what they doors quite interesting. They pretty much control everything . This way you will have a better understanding when you get blood results back . Make sure you ask to have your own copy your intitled to it. Keep it in a folder and label it my health records. Your young and a good time to start this. This way if you have health issues in the future you have records to refer back to for yourself. I tell everyone this ! You are your best doctor! No one knows you better than yourself . Keep in touch and let me know what happens if you don't forget, and good luck.