PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

TheJ
06-05-2011, 03:23 AM
Is it true that coffee flushes out those extra fats or sugars in our bodies? I've been drinking coffee without having any sugar in it usually after a heavy meal. I like to have chocalates as my supper and used to think that after eating them, a cup of unsweetened coffee will flush out those excessive sugar/fat intake.

JohnR41
09-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Is it true that coffee flushes out those extra fats or sugars in our bodies? I've been drinking coffee without having any sugar in it usually after a heavy meal. I like to have chocalates as my supper and used to think that after eating them, a cup of unsweetened coffee will flush out those excessive sugar/fat intake.

I'm not sure how effective that will be. But I can tell you this: To the extent that it is effective, it will likely flush out important minerals like calcium etc.. And eating chocolates that contain sugar will cause your liver to release B vitamins, needed for digestion. So you will use up some of your B vitamins. The end result is that you will be nutritionally poorer.