View Full Version : Gerd? Weight Loss...Scared

07-29-2011, 08:07 AM
I am a 43 year old male that was diagnosed with gastritis about 3 months ago. The diagnosis brought plenty of anxiety. I quit drinking liquor, ate healthy foods, ate less. By doing all of this I lossed 25 pounds. But now that I read about many other illnesses excessive weight loss is a leading symptom. I am still having symptoms, slight burn, bloating, constipation, etc and worried if I might have something worse.

07-29-2011, 09:38 AM
You made major dietary changes, and lost 25 pounds over 3 months, which is a bit less than 2 pounds per week. Sounds pretty normal weight loss to me.

As long as you don't become TOO skinny, I don't think the weight loss is a sign that something is wrong with you. If you lost 25 pounds without changing your diet or exercising more, then that would be a sign of a health problem.

However, if you are still having digestive problems after making these changes, go back to your doctor. There are medications that can help.

07-29-2011, 11:35 AM
What medication are you taking for your Gastritis.
Yes you can lose weight without dieting and exercise. Were you tested for H.Pylori. This nasty condition was the beginning of all my weight loss which was 14. lb or 1. stone in less than three months. Now I have other stomach issues I cannot put the weight back on even tho I eat well.
I have AR/GERD and Hiatal Hernia also Diverticulitis, so I do believe your own symptoms and my own can cause weight loss along with a diet adjustment.
If you have had an Endoscopy/Colonoscopy then anything else would have been discovered at that time. Hope I've set your mind at rest, Solofelix.