PDA

View Full Version : yelow nails

Pattyanne
08-29-2011, 02:06 PM
I use Sally Hansen's clear polish called flawless. It makes my nails strong and long but the tips turn yellow. It really looks bad in the sun. Is there something else I can use that will be as effective with out the yellow?

amyd
08-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Try soaking them (without nail polish) for five to ten minutes in lemon juice, every other day until you see an improvement. Also, give them a break from the polish every once in a while.

Bran'sNana
08-29-2011, 08:33 PM
I know dark polish can make them yellow or orangey. I think Avon may carry some anti yellowing nail stuff. I have one called "nail experts pearl shine." It's pinkish in color. Seems to make my nails stronger too.

sunkissed89
08-30-2011, 11:12 AM
try going into a public beauty supply store (such as Sally's Beauty Supply if there's one in your area) and ask them if they have a nail bleach. its not harmfull to you or your nails, its made to bring the yellow staining off of your nails. I found this works really well with myself doing hair coloring at work and having my nails done with a french manicure, they always get stained with hair color....plus smoking cigarettes doesn't help much....but the nail bleach works wonders!! i have also heard that lemon water will help a little bit, but not as much as bleach.