View Full Version : This has been helping me....

Loves To Sleep
08-29-2011, 09:48 PM
I have been taking Alka Selter Gold twice a day, and I am really feeling better. No more sore throat, it's so very soothing:)
I have struggled with reflux for 8 years, and the past month, is the first time, I have ever tried Alka Seltzer in my life! I love it!
I've been on Nexium, but not in the last year.

Hope this helps, someone!

08-30-2011, 12:32 AM
If you have it for years, your esoph. has a pocket somehow near the stomach. It's at the bottom of your windpipe. Food stays in it and don't dump into the stomach. Stomach acid comes up and now lays with the food up there, and there's your heartburn. My story for dozens of years...Rolaids, Zantac...upchucking anything spicy, just miserable just about every meal. A surgeon went in and cut away the pocket, drew the stomach up, resowed it and tada....no more problem. Not a little bit. Can eat a chili pepper and it's as mild as a pickle. They can go in now easily arthro through your mouth, down your gullet...if I only knew....the only thing that may change...is now you have to be careful, eating anything now, probably means more pounds.