PDA

View Full Version : Could it be Acid Reflux?

Ambee102
09-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Two weeks ago I was on an muscle relaxer. I had stomach cramps and diarrhea. I stopped taking it but since then I have had a lot of burping. Sometime there is this gurgling or acid I hear. kinda like the fizz of a soda. I have some shoulder neck and chest discomfort and pain before that. I do feel very tired and have some spells where I feel my heart beating hard and out of breathe almost. I have an itchy neck mostly at bottom. I did go to doc and he didn't say anything about acid reflux. He did a chest neck spine x ray and some blood work. He also did a liver kidney test to make sure they were functioning right. Which all came back fine. I am wondering if all along it could have been acid reflux and the muscle relaxers made it worse? Does this sound like acid reflux or do I need to go have it checked out?

Michael949
09-05-2011, 03:37 AM
So basically you're burping, have a fast heartbeat, and out of breath sometimes...A lot of people who have GERD, like myself, have those symptoms right after eating a big meal. The itchy neck..I don't think that is related to GERD. Nor do I think your symptoms are related to taking muscle relaxers, although these days you never know what side effects certain meds can have

See a GI doc

solofelix
09-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Two weeks ago I was on an muscle relaxer. I had stomach cramps and diarrhea. I stopped taking it but since then I have had a lot of burping. Sometime there is this gurgling or acid I hear. kinda like the fizz of a soda. I have some shoulder neck and chest discomfort and pain before that. I do feel very tired and have some spells where I feel my heart beating hard and out of breathe almost. I have an itchy neck mostly at bottom. I did go to doc and he didn't say anything about acid reflux. He did a chest neck spine x ray and some blood work. He also did a liver kidney test to make sure they were functioning right. Which all came back fine. I am wondering if all along it could have been acid reflux and the muscle relaxers made it worse? Does this sound like acid reflux or do I need to go have it checked out?

Burping, Chest pain/discomfort and shortness of breath can relate to Acid Reflux and also a Hiatal Hernia.
These symptoms can also relate to H.Pylori or an Ulcer .
I have had an Ulcer and H.Pylori also have Hiatal- Hernia and suffer from the same symptoms.
Strangely I dont suffer with Heartburn. Another symptom of the above ones are Nausea.
See your Dr and ask for a Endoscopy/Biopsy to see what is going on. Solofelix.

PS. Dont know what the itch in the neck is!!..