View Full Version : LPR and Vitamin D levels...

09-10-2011, 09:00 PM
I've had LPR for 2 years. I suffered from horrible excruiciating pain of the throat, neck, ears, behind the eyes and nose. My throat had white burn marks up to my molars and white mucous and really scary red. I had a fundo May 2010 and came out 10x worse. Stopped all meat, nitrates, citrates inn April 2011 in a deserate attempt to rid myself of this horrible pain. This last July2011 on a hunch I asked to have a Vit D test done. It came back low. My Dr. prescribed 2,000 IU for life. I did my own research and based on my weight, my age and that I have avoided the sun for 40 years I calculated 6,000 IU for myself. I have been on it for 4 weeks and the pain of LPR has slowly disappeared. I'm stunned! I don't understand why. All the PPIs and medicines I've taken for two years and a horribe major surgery that left me much worse and Vit D works! I found a formula for Vit D dosage that I am using for myself: 35 IU Vit D x your body weight. I deducted 1,000 IU from the sum of that and that is what I take. I don't understand why this is working for me but I'm so relieved to have stumbled on to this accidental good fortune as my Drs for the last year have been telling me that I have to learn to live with the pain of LPR and this is after they did a biopsy on me in Feb 2011 for cancer as my throat is burnt to a crisp. Only time will tell if my throat heals and the if I continue not to have pain, cough, asthma like problems and a scary looking throat. Let me know what you all think about this and why you think it works for me.

09-11-2011, 06:50 AM
I am taking vitamin D and B12 supplements since having GERD. Now that I am on Nexxium I am taking calcium as well.