View Full Version : Coming off PPI's

09-13-2011, 03:45 AM
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and thought I'd sign up as all of the google searches land me here...

Basically I am 24 years old and have been taking 15mg lansoprozole since I was about 13. Before that I had a couple of years of fighting with docs trying to convince them I was getting heartburn etc. After a couple of cameras down I was diagnosed with esophageal reflux and already had uclers in my esophagus.

I was put on these meds as at the time any ops were out of the question and Im sure they involved breaking open your ribcage (or thats what I was lead to beleive).

For the first 3 years or so of being on the meds everyday I was fine, then i started to get stomach complaints which were put down to IBS but as taking these tablets were part of my everyday life I was looking for another cause to my problems overlooking ther fact that these tablets just arent good for you.

My diet has changed alot over the years as I am very weight concious, I only drink water and dont eat any big steaks/ bread etc as these things cause my alot of pain.

Over the past year or so my neck pain has been getting worse, I thought it was down to a gym injury but as time goes on i injure myself more and more. I am keen to keep up my fitness but as with weightlifting I just injured my self more, cardio has landed me with lower back problems and sciata. All i want is to be fit and without ailments like everyone else seems to be.

To summarise I want to come off the ppi's that I am still taking as I think these wont be helping any other health issues I have or have been caused by taking ppis.

I have taken half of a 15mg lansoprozole today, with on acidofilis this morning and some dygestive enzymes with my breakfast (alpen with milk)

So far so good and Im just getting a tingling at the back of my throat. Im just wanting any info on diets etc as whenever Iv missed one tablet im in pain and agony.

Thanks for your time people...