PDA

View Full Version : gerd reflux ,thick mucus in my throat

marcimilan
09-22-2011, 04:29 AM
Hi

I have got reflux, and Im suffering from the thick mucus in my throat for 3 years. Horrible. The PPI medicines cannot helped, only the burning throat gone.
I swallow very hard.

Somebody said that symptom causes the peanuts and the nuts. Maybe..
Who can give me any advice??

Thanks.

JohnnyL
09-22-2011, 05:34 AM
what is a peanut and a nut? I mean in your description? I have a lot of thick mucus too with my reflux and my mouth stays dry. It certainly can cause the mucus and throat irritation. Very irritating.A lot of throat clearing also.

marcimilan
09-22-2011, 05:39 AM
what is a peanut and a nut? I mean in your description? I have a lot of thick mucus too with my reflux and my mouth stays dry. It certainly can cause the mucus and throat irritation. Very irritating.A lot of throat clearing also.

well somebody say theese foods cause the mucus. Whatever.
Uhm i searching the solution for that!
I appraciate every useful answer:)

JohnnyL
09-22-2011, 06:41 AM
Oh ok you mean the real foods nuts , etc! I am sorry, I mis understood your post, which is not uncommon for me in the morning! LOL! At anyrate, any fatty food may cause reflux and thick mucus . I heard almonds were good for reflux though. I try to stay away from peanut butter and jelly but man I love some peanut butter. Read through some of these posts because there are several people who have som good idease but going to GI is the best one as you may need some studies/tests to figure out what exactly going on, Best of luck thsi stuff is just wicked sometimes!

JL

slatham1
09-22-2011, 07:37 AM
I am sorry to hear that, I have been on 40 mg omeprazole for 7 months 2 times per day now and I still have hoarseness and coughing and a little mucosa problems. Susan