PDA

View Full Version : Gallbladder Related?

Flangelina
09-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Over the last few months, on 3 occasions, I've been awoken in the middle of the night with griping tummy pains which has caused me to vomit. Each time, I've been up for a few hours in the night vomitting and the vomit is like pure acid, horrendous.

I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago and I wondered if the two things were linked? Do you tend to get much worse acid after having your gallbladder removed?

I've had other symptoms which my doctor thinks are acid related which include severe pain in my left shoulder blade after eating my evening meal and crippling stomach pain on occasion after eating lunch.

I was prescribed some tablets (Rinitidine I think?) but they made me itch so bad that I had to stop taking them.

solofelix
09-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Over the last few months, on 3 occasions, I've been awoken in the middle of the night with griping tummy pains which has caused me to vomit. Each time, I've been up for a few hours in the night vomitting and the vomit is like pure acid, horrendous.

I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago and I wondered if the two things were linked? Do you tend to get much worse acid after having your gallbladder removed?

I've had other symptoms which my doctor thinks are acid related which include severe pain in my left shoulder blade after eating my evening meal and crippling stomach pain on occasion after eating lunch.

I was prescribed some tablets (Rinitidine I think?) but they made me itch so bad that I had to stop taking them.

Have you tried Nexium.
I was reluctant to take any PPIs but recently was in awful pain from a suspected Ulcer. Have had one before.
I have AR and have found this drug helpful.
I took it for three weeks and have just weened myself of it.
All the best, Solofelix.

PS. Not sure if AR is worse after G.B removal, I still have mine.