PDA

View Full Version : Reaching the Fountain of Youth

jamie4444
10-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Aging is obviously a natural, inevitable occurrence, but it is a frightening one nonetheless. I am very skeptical about creams, pills, and other fads that claim to ward off aging.

I talked to my doctor and asked her what advice she would give. Her advice was so genuine and made so much sense that I wanted to share it.

Itís really quite simple:

1. Have the right attitude: be optimistic and excited about life. A positive outlook may promote positive outcomes.
2. Give yourself the right fuel: anti-inflammatory diets (which are more plant-based versus a fatty, sugary, processed food diet) tend to slow the aging of the skin, since disease progression and aging have a lot to do with chronic inflammation in the bodyÖwe are essentially able to use foods as anti-aging medicines!
3. Implement the right schedule: let your body rest and decrease your bodyís stress through relaxation and sleep.
4. Hydration: water is important for cellular functioning
5. Wear sunscreen: it will keep your skin looking young and prevent against skin cancer
6. Have fun: take time to enjoy loved ones and surround yourself with social support
7. Keep your body moving every day! Exercise is key to living a long and healthy life (even if itís walking up and down stairs or a short walk)

I hope this was helpful!

Cheers!

JohnR41
10-26-2011, 10:53 AM
5. Wear sunscreen: it will keep your skin looking young and prevent against skin cancer

All great suggestions except for number 5, in my opinion. We need some unprotected sun for vitamin D. And once you get your 5, 10, or 15 minutes of sun, for health purposes, I don't think it's a good idea to continue sun bathing for long periods of time.

jamie4444
10-29-2011, 10:30 AM
I absolutely agree! Vitamin D from the natural sun is absolutely essential. However, I also agree that too much sun exposure is skin damaging.

JacobH
12-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Jamie, you should read Growing Young with HGH by Dr. Ronald Klatz. This is probably the best book on the subject to date....take care

MrAK
04-12-2012, 01:03 PM
anti-inflammatory diets are one of the most important things in my opinion when it comes to anti-aging.