PDA

View Full Version : Guilt and heartache

Kayjax11
12-10-2011, 06:38 PM
My mom is dying of Cancer. Her Dr. told us maybe 6 mo. She has been living with me, but recently had Mini stroke, falling a lot, memory changes, and so on. I have to work, and cannot afford private nurse, but as much as I love her and this is killing me, I had to put her in Rehab/nursing facility. I did my best and think it is a nicer one, clean,and so forth, but this is hurting so bad. I have trouble thinking of her here too, watching her dwindle and possibly dying here, and I dont think I can handle that either. She told me today she likes it there, everyone is nice, but I feel so terrible and sad. Just needed to vent

Anita

slenderella
12-10-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm so sorry that you're feeling so many different emotions about mom, Anita.
I understand. It's not easy but it sounds as if you've made a great decision. Believe your mom when she tells you she is in good hands, there. She knows you love her and want the best for her. The best is at a facility where she can get constant, professional care.
I feel for you, I really do. My Dad died of leukemia at the end of August and it's tough to see a loved one go downhill. I'll be praying for you. Just KNOW that you did the right thing. Rest easy.

blessings, Sue

Kayjax11
12-11-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm so sorry that you're feeling so many different emotions about mom, Anita.
I understand. It's not easy but it sounds as if you've made a great decision. Believe your mom when she tells you she is in good hands, there. She knows you love her and want the best for her. The best is at a facility where she can get constant, professional care.
I feel for you, I really do. My Dad died of leukemia at the end of August and it's tough to see a loved one go downhill. I'll be praying for you. Just KNOW that you did the right thing. Rest easy.

blessings, Sue

Thanks so much Sue, This meant a lot, I feel a little better already