PDA

View Full Version : hydrogen peroxide for dark brown hair

pam2765
05-28-2012, 08:10 AM
i have dark brown hair and i just want to lighten it up a bit to a brighter shade of brown with hydrogen peroxide. how should i do this? should i stay i out in the sun for a long time or should i sleep on it. i hear it turns orange and dries your hair? PLease help!!!

Tysmom1
06-02-2012, 03:11 AM
DONT DO IT!!!!!! This is 13 years of educated experience speaking! it will, without a doubt in my mind, turn orange. The best way is to get a box of over the counter color that is just a shade or to lighter than your hair color. Do not get a color that has a gold base. In other words nothing that says lightest golden brown, or lightest reddish brown. Brown hair already has red in it naturtally, wether you can see it or not. my suggestion to you is go with a color that is neutral lightest brown, or even ash. If you can ask abeauty supply store that is open to the public, ask the associates working to show you what color you need. tell them you want to go 2 shades lighter than your natural color. And tell them you want permanent. Also tell them that you need 20 volume developer. (this is what you mix the color with.) Then when you get home just follow the directions on the inside of the box.

OOOOOOh don't forget to ask for a pair of gloves, and a bowl and brush to mix it in and apply it with. Stick with clairol or loreal. good luck. If you have any questions before mixing, post again.