PDA

View Full Version : stressing need to know first symptoms!!!

benmacan
06-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi I would be interested to know what the first symptoms people experienced when they found out they had bowel cancer. I have heard so many different responses I would be interested to find out!

JFF104
03-30-2013, 01:22 PM
From what I have read and been told the most common and earliest signs of Bowel cancer are rectal bleeding or a persistent change in Bowel Habits for example how often you go to the toilet and the size and shape of your stools. Some people will have both of these.

However a lot of people will likely have different signs such as a lump in the abdomen or abdominal pain. Bowel cancer often produces no early symptoms at all allowing the cancer to advance before a diagnosis is made.

I myself am awaiting an appointment with my doctor, I am quite distressed as my Bowel habits are constantly changing although with No family history and the fact I am only 19 I am not overly concerned about Cancer at the moment.

Bardpvoem
08-07-2013, 03:12 PM
A change in bowel movements is one sign, but this could be a sign for a lot of other things as well. Blood in the bowel is another sign as well. I would suggest going to your doctor ASAP and get some tests done.