PDA

View Full Version : How high up can IBS pain be?

Vanilla2862
06-22-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm just wondering if IBS pain is ever felt in the right upper quadrant right where your ribs are?

I have been having dull achy pains in this area for some time now and they may or may not be made worse with stress. I'm still trying to figure that part out.

I had tests done last year (b/w, sono and upper endo) and nothing showed up out of the ordinary.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

flipfleury
06-22-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm just wondering if IBS pain is ever felt in the right upper quadrant right where your ribs are?

I have been having dull achy pains in this area for some time now and they may or may not be made worse with stress. I'm still trying to figure that part out.

I had tests done last year (b/w, sono and upper endo) and nothing showed up out of the ordinary.

Thanks!!!

Sometimes I get this pain as well and most of the time it's trapped gas. The only way I am able to relieve this pain is to go sit on the toilet and try to move my bowels. Once I move my bowels I am able release all the gas I seem to have in me and then the pain goes away.

lele97
06-23-2012, 03:23 AM
Mines is the same on the left!!! Always stuck I can't bare it

Danismum
07-19-2012, 01:33 AM
Mines high up on the left just under the rib cage more towards belly button

Pinching, cramping

I have found by taking low dose imipramine all the cramps have stopped

kasannshep
09-14-2012, 10:40 AM
[
Just had nine months of this pain, high up inbetween breast bone , and alternates to lower groin area, the only way I could relieve the trapped gas like pain was to lay flat and I used to place a hot water bottle on the stomach, and drank gallons of peppermint tea, had all tests done camera, scan blood tests, same happened 5 yrs ago and went through same pains and tests then, inbetween those years was more the D everyday, was pain free for about five weeks now it has just come back, more pain dominant, with lower abdomen and back pain, upper pain not as bad as on previous flare ups, but now C I know how you feel these pains are terrible,

QUOTE=Vanilla2862;5004584]I'm just wondering if IBS pain is ever felt in the right upper quadrant right where your ribs are?

Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

Danismum
09-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Have you been tested for lactose intolerant ?

I'm still getting my pains and I'm generally constipated

I think it's the colon cramping

[
Just had nine months of this pain, high up inbetween breast bone , and alternates to lower groin area, the only way I could relieve the trapped gas like pain was to lay flat and I used to place a hot water bottle on the stomach, and drank gallons of peppermint tea, had all tests done camera, scan blood tests, same happened 5 yrs ago and went through same pains and tests then, inbetween those years was more the D everyday, was pain free for about five weeks now it has just come back, more pain dominant, with lower abdomen and back pain, upper pain not as bad as on previous flare ups, but now C I know how you feel these pains are terrible,

QUOTE=Vanilla2862;5004584]I'm just wondering if IBS pain is ever felt in the right upper quadrant right where your ribs are?

Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

kasannshep
09-14-2012, 11:31 AM
No not been tested doc as never even mentioned it could be that, saw consultant two weeks ag, said tests were clear, and he said it is the ibs,gave me Fybergel to take twice a day, can manage to go now but not normal if you know what I mean, suffering at the moment but more groin and lower back area this time, but the upper pain like yours just the odd days before it was nearly 24-7 used to have me in tears

Danismum
09-14-2012, 01:32 PM
That fibogel makes me gag lol

I find shreddies everyday makes me go or fresh pineapple or lactoluse

Have you considered trying a tricyclic antidepressant they are meant to be good for IBS

No not been tested doc as never even mentioned it could be that, saw consultant two weeks ag, said tests were clear, and he said it is the ibs,gave me Fybergel to take twice a day, can manage to go now but not normal if you know what I mean, suffering at the moment but more groin and lower back area this time, but the upper pain like yours just the odd days before it was nearly 24-7 used to have me in tears