PDA

View Full Version : FODMAP Diet

Had Enough2
07-04-2012, 05:11 AM
Hi everyone, I've been reading your posts for a few weeks now and at the time I was suffering terribly with my IBS-C. I've been suffering from it in varying degrees since my late teens and Im now 49yo! It gets a bit hard to deal with sometimes. I went to me doctor and explained to her that the constipation side of things was causing me the most trouble and she gave me the names of a few laxatives to experiment with to see what works best. I did a bit of investigating myse,f and found Nu-Lax, which appears to work quite well. By that I mean, I doubt that my bowel will ever work normally, but at least I get some relief.

I was also told about the FODMAP diet by a friend at work who suffers the same problems. Its been 3 weeks now since I started on it and Ive got to say that I haven't had one attack of bloating, pain etc. On this diet you aren't allowed any onions or garlic (amongst other things), as they are amongst the worst offenders for IBS sufferers. I was a great fan of these two items and a coup,e of times over the past few weeks Ive forgotten and eaten them. Both times Ive suffered from gas. It might just be a coincidence, I don't know.

Ive got to say I was sceptical seeing Ive tried every treatment there is, over the years and nothing has worked, and I don't want to get my hopes up just yet, but at the moment it seems to helping a lot.

And also, the recipes are fantastic!! Even my other half loves them and that's a miracle!! :)

I just wanted to share my experience with this diet.

Thanks for reading.